IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > little 500
5/26/15, 5:34 PM   #71
Soldierboy2

I'm gonna put my 2 cents in on this little 500 race this year! It was a joke to have 3 different cars spraying oil on the track for many many laps! We said something to the officials about it after numerous drivers said that the track was oily, they said "we are gonna let them race!" The push trucks absolutely done a horrible job they didn't pay attention plus they were in the way! And to the person for saying the thing about pierce "must be nice being sponsor" that had nothing to do with him getting a push truck it's easy to get a push truck when the race is under green!!!!

1 member likes this post: team3521
5/26/15, 5:42 PM   #72
rockstar5

It sounds like no one should complain about the circus its been that way for years it'll stay that way Anderson dont care obviously the fans don't care (from what I'm reading) so why should the teams bringing 30-60k race cars give a crap I mean who cares if the track wont get the sprayers off the track and put down a little oil dry just stuff 15 cars in the fence and move on I know all team's own 30 cars right

1 member likes this post: racer58
5/26/15, 5:48 PM   #73
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar5 View Post
Hey Anderson the tracks covered in oil....
I started the post when I did cause the driver I was working for was complaining about the track being covered I tried getting the officials to do something and they said no 10 laps later 6 cars was stuffed in the fence I wasn't trying to start an argument just thought it was not right going green with the track covered in oil

2 members like this post: Bostonian, team3521
5/26/15, 7:12 PM   #74
Kirk Spridgeon

But the big crash you are noting was not caused by the 18, 11 or 63 spilling oil! Haha

4 members like this post: 767, cmakin, monkeyboy, Tony74
5/26/15, 7:24 PM   #75
RichH

IMHO the race has outgrown the track( built for midgets)the shakey stands and the officiating. Take it to IRP night before at IRP!!

1 member likes this post: rockstar5
5/26/15, 7:26 PM   #76
RichH

PS the Silver Crown race IRP was boooorring

2 members like this post: rockstar5, team3521
5/26/15, 7:28 PM   #77
Soldierboy2

How was it caused then Kirk cuz I was right there in the infield and my driver said that oil caused it and so did another driver involved!!! I just think overall Anderson should have done something from the start! But Rick Dawson is a idiot and doesn't care for anyone or anything except your money I was there and it was a circus between the oil and not dry put down and the push trucks screwing everything up

5/26/15, 7:32 PM   #78
Soldierboy2

It wouldn't be the little 500 if it was at ORP!! It needs to stay at Anderson it's tradition

4 members like this post: Joekocjan, Racer1039, speed bump, team3521
5/26/15, 7:34 PM   #79
Soldierboy2

I agree with rockstar5

5/26/15, 8:11 PM   #80
Kirk Spridgeon

The 3 oiled down the race track on the restart, which is why he slid backwards into the turn-one wall and everyone else piled in. It was bad luck for all of them, but nothing that could have been prevented by the track. Just like the Tyler/Armstrong/Santos stack-up.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > little 500