IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #21 8/13/14 9:11 PM
I would have to say Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News and in a complete shock to me, Wall Speedway regular is quite knowledgable. Sad we have to learn that under these circumstances.

http://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sport...-ward-accident
6 Likes: Danny Burton, i love dirt track racing, IndyBound, jim goerge, Joey Woods, speed bump
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #22 8/13/14 9:57 PM
Originally Posted by charles nungester:
i can't say with 100 percent accuracy what happened, and i don't think anyone can yet. But killed is the popular headline, i've even seen murdered,

as for trusting the media, you better check about ten outlets and you get better, more truthful reporting from non american media than domestic. Bbc, canadian free press, der spiegel etc.

I haven't trusted the media for about 15 years and now its down to six companies controlling 90% of tv, print and radio and often they all repeat either ap,or even straight off the wh press secretaries desk.

Now nbc/comcast/universal wants to takeover time warner.
Oh vey some good movies the rest of the companies are crap.

Whatever happened to monopolization laws?co

imho the media feeds its own viewership, creating the division and drama. Serving its own self interest.
Wheres al schottlecottie with a half hour of how, what, when without any spin?

At ..... Ny a driver was struck and died after contact between himself and a car driven by tony stewart. A full investigation has been launched.
Nothing more, nothing less.
great great great post!!!
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #23 8/13/14 10:06 PM
What exactly does "mans man" mean? Wasn't that a village people song? Is it possible they both made a mistake? No wait I forgot Tony is incapable of such a mortal act.

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
batch56 (Offline)
  #24 8/13/14 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by monkeyboy:
What exactly does "mans man" mean? Wasn't that a village people song? Is it possible they both made a mistake? No wait I forgot Tony is incapable of such a mortal act.
Monkeyboy, I suggest that you google and read Robin Millers last article. I think it is spot on. I could really get going on this subject but I am worried that Mrs. G would kick me off this site. ( even thou Bill G. would think it was funny)
Have a good evening,
Mark Batcheldor
7 Likes: jim goerge, Joey Woods, mowerman, Mrs G, PIT CART, racefan20, team3521
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #25 8/13/14 10:52 PM
Monkeyboy, I don't understand. Your father is a great guy. Who was a good friend to Bill Gardner, has always respected what Bill built here and has been one of the board's best contributors. Yet, all you've ever done is come here to smart off to people and cause trouble. You go to a lot of races, is that all you have to offer?

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: jim goerge, Joey Woods, speed bump, team3521
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #26 8/13/14 10:54 PM
Only finger pointing at media . Please ?
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #27 8/13/14 11:17 PM
Not at all. I just feel like the kid is getting railroaded. I think there's a possibility not all the blame can be laid at his feet. Which is what the popular consensus appears to be by all these "experts" on here. Throwing a guy under the bus who can't tell his side. As neon Deion says "C'mon man"

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
jim goerge (Offline)
  #28 8/14/14 12:44 AM
Sunday morning I turned on ESPN sports center to hear some female reporter say She couldn't believe Tony;s spotter didn't tell him that Kevin was on the track I was like REALLY
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, IndyBound, speed bump
flatout18 (Offline)
  #29 8/14/14 7:31 AM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
Sunday morning I turned on ESPN sports center to hear some female reporter say She couldn't believe Tony;s spotter didn't tell him that Kevin was on the track I was like REALLY
My only hope is that, all of these sprint car experts show up at a track this weekend. Or, maybe more people are curious what sprint car racing is all about and show up this weekend to see. I'll be at the Burg! Have a great racing weekend everyone!
2 Likes: bn kleen, IndyBound
jim goerge (Offline)
  #30 8/14/14 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by flatout18:
My only hope is that, all of these sprint car experts show up at a track this weekend. Or, maybe more people are curious what sprint car racing is all about and show up this weekend to see. I'll be at the Burg! Have a great racing weekend everyone!
I am not sure I want the media at any track mainly cuz I think they be looking at stuff that is fine with sprint car racing but may not be up to nascrap standards such as soft walls spotters and so forth I want the sport to grow but not at that price