IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Midget Races Cancelled
9/7/11, 3:14 PM   #41
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
polecar

i feel the big dollar teams would show up for a $1000 to win the race. With their 18 wheel haulers, it would take roughly 200 feature wins just to pay for the hauler, so i don't think they're in it for the money. The feature payout i would like to see for a weekly show would be, for example, take this years pepsi nationals payout- I would drop 1st place and 24th place. Change the 2nd place money from 1500 the 1250 (which now is 1st place), and keep the rest as is. This would be a 9500 feature payout. you only pay the cars that show up. if 16 cars show up you drop the bottom 6 spots and you save 1800. now the feature payout is 7700. Like a lot of people are saying, you need to pay the bottom more to get cars out of the shop.

9/7/11, 3:23 PM   #42
backitin

10% of the people in this country have 90% of the money, I'm afraid they dont care about midget racing or any other activity that might get them dirty.

3 members like this post: racerjim2, skids59, SPRINTCAR
9/7/11, 3:33 PM   #43
Rpracing1

Hut Hundred is still run though......probably at a better track for midgets anyway.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, skids59
9/7/11, 3:34 PM   #44
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by polecar View Post
i feel the big dollar teams would show up for a $1000 to win the race.
You are 100% correct. The Kokomo midget non sanctioned events held there over the past few years always have attracted all the big dollar teams for a $1000 to win show. Likewise for the USAC regional pavement shows last season.

1 member likes this post: team3521
9/7/11, 3:50 PM   #45
sp6967

like any other form of auto racing----he who has the money makes the rules.so i would suggest that someone on this post needs to round up some cash.

1 member likes this post: team3521
9/7/11, 3:52 PM   #46
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
That statement says it all. Here is the carnage that midget racing has suffered in the past few years:

Michigan WOMMS Series GONE
All the Michigan midget orgs GONE
AMRA Arizona midgets GONE
SMRS GONE SOWS/Brewer substitute series 2011
Angell Park weekly midget racing GONE
John Gurley Midget Series GONE
D1 midget races Monpelier, IN 2 remaining races cancelled
Terre Haute Hut Hundred original location GONE
16th Street Speedway GONE
Buckeye (Ohio) Midget Series GONE
RCA Dome Midgets GONE
....and don't forget NAMAR

2 members like this post: dave, jim goerge
9/7/11, 4:17 PM   #47
Rimrida35

Quote:
I was wondering if that would happen when we read that POWRi was no longer co-sanctioning this event with USAC.
PLEASE...will Kenny Brown, Jim Siner, Kevin Miller, Jason Smith, Kevin Gundaker and whoever else it will take, go have lunch somewhere and get this stuff resolved.
If not for yourselves, do it for the good of the sport of Midget racing.
morty I know that there is a few of us POWRi guys gonna run "The Gold Crown". Shane Cockrum and I both ran the Hut 100 this year and I plan on running the Gold Crown. Be sure to stop on by the trailer and have a beer.

Tyler Robbins

9/7/11, 5:33 PM   #48
mortboyz

Thanks T-Rob. I was gonna respond to the fact you and Fireman Shane supported the Hut 100 in an earlier post. I appreciate you guys' efforts no matter where or who you run with.
...and you know I'll be by for a beer
Last edited by mortboyz; 9/7/11 at 5:35 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
9/7/11, 6:16 PM   #49
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

I stand behind what I said. Im personally sick of traveling to Midget shows to see less than a feature full compete. If a rev limiter helps a team race a extra 6 races a year, Im all for it. Maybe we'll have full fields again.
Do tell Chuck,how many midget races have you been to this year that didnt have a full field???

I've been to three without full fields. 2 of them I didnt expect to see a full field at (Kokomo and the Speedrome) 1 of them I did expect a full field,last weekend at Lasalle.

I've seen full fields at all the POWRi races I have been to this year though. They must be doing something right. ARDC too. What is their secret?

1 member likes this post: TWO FIVE
9/7/11, 6:21 PM   #50
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

14 at last years four crown. Three at Kokomo and three full fields during midget week. Every one of them except the LBurg Midget week over 150 miles to see.

Oh and ARDC? The bastion of spec racing? GUESS IT WORKS ESPECIALLY IN WINGED non midget territory.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/7/11 at 6:23 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Midget Races Cancelled