IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well....What About That Silver Crown Race?
6/15/19, 12:55 PM   #31
openwheelfan1

I’ll preface this by saying I am not nor have I ever been a driver at the level of the participants. Nor was I at Williams Grove last night. The video certainly seems to show Windom moving Swanson out of the way and punting Buckwalter in to a spin entering turn 1. I read what Windom said post race and the fact is only Windom knows the facts and what his intentions were in both incidents. I think the primary thing these events showed is that there is no longer any respect among some of the racers. The sport (at least at this level) for some has become a “win at any cost” situation. The days of “race hard, race clean” appear to be behind us, and I find that sad.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, spicoli, sprint72, tirespinner
6/15/19, 12:58 PM   #32
Re: Well....What About That Silver Crown Race?
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

I rarely give my opinion on this board but just in case USAC is looking. USAC please stay with what has got this sport to where it is. I love that you leave it in the racers hands to handle ON TRACK issues. I feel confident in saying most don’t want to start seeing judgement calls in this sport. Many of our legends are who they are for not only their racing accolades but how they handled themselves on and off (think Hewitt and Bob Kinser). In the 35 years I have been going to the track I happen to think the product and smoothness of the events has never been better. Thank you and stay the course.

5 members like this post: captrat, dirt330, fish, Kansasdirtfan, tirespinner
6/15/19, 2:24 PM   #33
ThePurple73

The thing that concerns me more than anything isn't humorous at all. If you have intentional bumping at the front of the field, you have no control over what it could turn into. Someone getting upside down running upfront in a feature could be severe on many levels. Not managing the action is asking for trouble.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
6/15/19, 2:39 PM   #34
FALCONEDDIE

Well karma got him in the end.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/15/19, 2:39 PM   #35
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

The Swanson incident:
The track was rubbered down and single file, Swanson jumped out of the rubber and was being freight trained and tried to squeeze Chris out and force him to lift so Kody could get back in the rubber. Good for Chris for staying in it and holding his ground.

The Buckwalter incident:
That was absolutely ridiculous and terrible mistake that just should not have happened. Just drove completely over top of Steve. He should have been sent to the tail for the incident for rough driving, no 2 ways about it.

But I don't support giving a guy his spot back for being dumped. Even if it was a wrong done unto the guy I dont like undoing what happened on track. Let the drivers work all that out moving forward.

Atleast karma came to visit with Windom losing the race in the corner that he stole it from Buckwalter.
Last edited by brsteg; 6/15/19 at 2:41 PM.

6 members like this post: Crankin, erich45, flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner, tmac39
6/15/19, 2:42 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

23 Seconds in. If that isn't a right turn of his wheels right into swansons nerf, I don't know what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90gVE...ature=youtu.be
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/15/19 at 2:49 PM.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, mc/rider
6/15/19, 3:10 PM   #37
brsteg

I think all that was product of the first bump and 2 guys not lifting trying to get or stay in the rubber.

1 member likes this post: erich45
6/15/19, 3:11 PM   #38
brsteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I think all that was product of the first bump and 2 guys not lifting trying to get or stay in the rubber.
Personally, I think the rules of the game change when the track takes rubber.

6/15/19, 8:59 PM   #39
flagboy55

Does anyone know if there are rules on rough driving and what they are?

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
6/15/19, 11:22 PM   #40
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Does anyone know if there are rules on rough driving and what they are?
Are you referring to "Avoidable Contact Rule"? That's only for "Mad Men"!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, ossuks, PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well....What About That Silver Crown Race?