IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas Jr
5/27/19, 2:16 AM   #11
RGraves

You speaking your mind isn't the issue, its how big of a d-bag you come across as being when you do. Keep doing what you do on the track as you're exciting to watch but your tantrum act needs work.
Last edited by RGraves; 5/27/19 at 2:18 AM.

4 members like this post: Beinthecircle, jaybird, progressive22, Rpracing1
5/27/19, 2:42 AM   #12
Re: Kevin Thomas Jr
jdull99

...& no one signs their real full name (...we can figure out the KT Motorsports part, so that does work tho...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Wayne Davis
5/27/19, 7:26 AM   #13
LoganDaltry

Kevin,

Thank you for responding to this as it offers both sides to the story. I have no problem with you "tootin your own horn" allowing us as fans an awareness of who you are and how many races you have won. Bravo! The fans (your fans specifically) have expectations and love the thrill of what you bring night after night to the track. You are correct, most of us do not know you personally, therefore we rely on what we see to form our opinions and race fans pay close attention to detail.

Kevin - When you become a "public figure" in today's climate of social media, phone cams, etc. you give up the right of privacy and are held to a higher standard than "Joe Racefan" You see Joe Racefan can talk smack all day - he is NOT in your role as a professional race car driver.

You must under all circumstances keep you "emotional control" in check. What you did tonight was inappropriate and quite frankly you deserve to hear the comments of your fans/the public as they are giving you tremendous feedback on your past and present behavior. You did NOT "give the hand gesture to one "gentleman"-you gave it to the entire track. Unbecoming, unprofessional, and you cannot defend your action of poor judgment, loss of emotional control and overall bad behavior. Do you understand that parents are saying on this and other forums that their children witnessed what you did? Since you mention 3 years-has that not taught you anything about the consequences?

As a personal note- I believe that you came on here to cover yourself...after the sanctions placed on Robert Ballou last year and him being banned by a few track operators, it is very clear your compliments to Tommy H. were entirely disingenuous. You now are concerned that your actions may have consequences and you want to make sure to appease this track owner to avoid eviction or sanctions against you and perhaps other track operators will follow suit.

Personally, I believe you should be sanctioned. As you stated, you are a pro (over 100 times per you) and you are a role model. If this reaction to one fan breaks you down, perhaps you should seek professional help. Be proactive Kevin, tell us you will take a anger management class. When you are at the wheel of a machine that can potentially do bodily damage to another human being, it concerns me that you lack self emotional control.

Profanity - spoken or an a gesture by a public figure is NEVER acceptable and the fans who come out, drive the miles, and spend the money to see you race deserve more from you. Perhaps, you can tell us, moving forward what you will do to keep that image of role model and professional racer. The ball is in your court Kevin.
Last edited by LoganDaltry; 5/27/19 at 7:30 AM. Reason: spelling

8 members like this post: bighd0522, bmemmer, douglas, Hotrod, Indy1808, jaybird, Rpracing1, ryan84
5/27/19, 7:44 AM   #14
bmemmer

Kevin I love when a guy speaks his mind my biggest complaint is don't go making stuff up as a excuse that you lost a race. You said it was a one groove track and couldn't get round lappers.If you want to speak what's on your mind go right ahead just make sure what your saying are facts.

3 members like this post: douglas, jeffnanny, Rpracing1
5/27/19, 9:07 AM   #15
KT Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganDaltry View Post
Kevin,

Thank you for responding to this as it offers both sides to the story. I have no problem with you "tootin your own horn" allowing us as fans an awareness of who you are and how many races you have won. Bravo! The fans (your fans specifically) have expectations and love the thrill of what you bring night after night to the track. You are correct, most of us do not know you personally, therefore we rely on what we see to form our opinions and race fans pay close attention to detail.

Kevin - When you become a "public figure" in today's climate of social media, phone cams, etc. you give up the right of privacy and are held to a higher standard than "Joe Racefan" You see Joe Racefan can talk smack all day - he is NOT in your role as a professional race car driver.

You must under all circumstances keep you "emotional control" in check. What you did tonight was inappropriate and quite frankly you deserve to hear the comments of your fans/the public as they are giving you tremendous feedback on your past and present behavior. You did NOT "give the hand gesture to one "gentleman"-you gave it to the entire track. Unbecoming, unprofessional, and you cannot defend your action of poor judgment, loss of emotional control and overall bad behavior. Do you understand that parents are saying on this and other forums that their children witnessed what you did? Since you mention 3 years-has that not taught you anything about the consequences?

As a personal note- I believe that you came on here to cover yourself...after the sanctions placed on Robert Ballou last year and him being banned by a few track operators, it is very clear your compliments to Tommy H. were entirely disingenuous. You now are concerned that your actions may have consequences and you want to make sure to appease this track owner to avoid eviction or sanctions against you and perhaps other track operators will follow suit.

Personally, I believe you should be sanctioned. As you stated, you are a pro (over 100 times per you) and you are a role model. If this reaction to one fan breaks you down, perhaps you should seek professional help. Be proactive Kevin, tell us you will take a anger management class. When you are at the wheel of a machine that can potentially do bodily damage to another human being, it concerns me that you lack self emotional control.

Profanity - spoken or an a gesture by a public figure is NEVER acceptable and the fans who come out, drive the miles, and spend the money to see you race deserve more from you. Perhaps, you can tell us, moving forward what you will do to keep that image of role model and professional racer. The ball is in your court Kevin.
I respect your opinion on a few subjects...
1) I agree I handled it a little harsh
2) I agree that the position that I am in that I should be a better role model

People just don’t understand my argument. I’m saying, on a track that is narrow to put the laps cars to the rear. It’s a mess. Now I know a lot of people will disagree. But more than likely they don’t pay the bills. I got a little heated. Which was wrong. But that needs to be a game time decision. The last thing some driver that worked his tail off all week just to get there wants, is to be in a rats nest on a tight track and get his things tore up. I know that’s always a risk. It could just be prevented.

Things that I disagree on...
1) you can’t tell me who the gesture was to. We’re you in my car listening to the guy? People give the finger for way less.
2) no one is covering their tail. I meant what I said. Just because people can’t understand the context of the argument, well that’s part of why there is an argument. All good
3) I appreciate the suggestion for anger management. But that’s a stretch man, come on. You don’t even know me.
4) that was to the guy that says I don’t win races. I just didn’t know how to work this site. Lol. Not really tootin my horn. Just stating facts like people seem to want.

Now I’m gonna take this and learn from it. I apologize to the mothers and kids that got offended from my profanity. But my argument stands. I just need to do it a different way. I appreciate the people who voice their opinions. Good or bad. Just know facts as you said. See everyone at the races soon and have a safe Memorial Day!

5/27/19, 9:25 AM   #16
rclaridge

Kevin I respect you for answering your critics and admitting you could have handled the situation better and although I never raced a sprint car I did race karts (huge difference) and completely understand how in the heat the moment it’s very easy to lose your composure. Best of luck to and your team the rest of the season!

5/27/19, 9:25 AM   #17
ThePurple73

KT Jr adds credibility to any show and is one of, if not THE biggest drawing card, as a driver in open wheel racing.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 5/27/19 at 9:48 AM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, smitty3725
5/27/19, 9:35 AM   #18
douglas

You even whined about slow drivers not knowing where the were going. I think that's part of the race. They all have to start at the bottom. Most are spending the own money to get started. They have a lot more to loose than the sponsored drivers. Both drivers for the 5K team had great cars that got damaged by other drivers but they didn't throw hissy fits like you. Just stay away from one of the best tracks in the state, if you don't like it. There are a major amount of young kids in the Haubstadt stands that don't need to hear you fit on the microphone. Very poor sportsmanship.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, bmemmer, Chief Wahoo, Indy1808, jaybird
5/27/19, 9:45 AM   #19
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Motorsports View Post
I mean I’ve won more races than anyone in non wing sprints for the last 3 years. So I’m confused
You’ve also blown more races then anyone in the last couple of years. Keep coming back so we can hear your stupid excuses for losing. Football and baseball players, umpires, and all sorts of professional athletes get heckled everyday. Grow a pair or roll back to Alabama.

4 members like this post: douglas, jaybird, rockstar5, Rpracing1
5/27/19, 10:31 AM   #20
addictedtodirt

Keep on racing the way you do KT. Most race fans love ya, some keyboard jockies don't. Either way you are a major draw to any track lucky enough to have you.

Got to wonder how many would get on AJ Foyt or Jack Hewitt's ass for saying some of exact things you do.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Thomas Jr