IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
5/24/19, 3:13 PM   #71
cleatziff

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
First, the promoter/track sets the pit pass prices. Second, most sanctioning bodies USAC, Woo, All Stars as part of their sanctioning agreement have a clause where their members get a discounted pit pass (usually $5-10 cheaper) or free pit passes to so many members per car.

To my knowledge USAC is the only sanctioning body that subtracts a $100 from non members feature purse. Now Woo mandates you must be a member to even race with them so you have to pay a $150 membership fee to even pull your first pill draw. Other local tracks or smaller sanctioning bodies have a $20 or $30 entry fee at pill draw.
Thank you

2 members like this post: oppweld, PIT CART
5/25/19, 2:59 AM   #72
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
How can you say this if you don’t really know the benefits?
Are you assuming again or do you have facts?
I have no clue how good USAC insurance is and I will not speculate.
Charles might not have firsthand knowledge, but I do. USAC's insurance if you are injured is the best you will find anywhere and worth every penny of the membership fee. I was injured at the Belleville nationals and spent the night in the hospital there. All of the expenses (ambulance, E.R., doctors, hospital expenses, CT scans, MRI's, etc.) were all covered 100%. I never paid a dime for any of it and no one ever even asked for my personal health insurance along the way. USAC's insurance paid it all. I'm sure the bills would have amounted to well over $15,000 based on what I've seen for other family members bills from other things. I'm am so glad that I had their coverage and would tell anyone and everyone that the smartest money they could ever spend would be on the USAC membership with the insurance.

5/25/19, 8:45 AM   #73
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Charles might not have firsthand knowledge, but I do. USAC's insurance if you are injured is the best you will find anywhere and worth every penny.
Good to hear firsthand from someone who has used it. Sorry you had to use it but good to hear that they have good coverage.Thanks for the facts.
Maybe your testimony here will convince others to become USAC members and run with them.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 5/25/19 at 9:23 AM.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, PIT CART
5/25/19, 1:37 PM   #74
captrat

Been following this thread. Negativity can certainly be a detriment, however, to ignore obvious short-comings is also a problem. Sort of like a teacher never grading your work. I know of very few endeavors where things are not evaluated for quality.

2 members like this post: oppweld, Steve Wendel
5/25/19, 7:26 PM   #75
JordanBlanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Charles might not have firsthand knowledge, but I do. USAC's insurance if you are injured is the best you will find anywhere and worth every penny of the membership fee.
Random question not intended to derail the thread: the USAC members’ insurance only covers injuries incurred in a USAC race, right? I only ask since the guys racing for a living tend to run a lot of non-USAC stuff as well. When I got hurt at Paragon, I was lucky to have great primary coverage through my wife’s work. She had already covered our deductible that year, so it was all at 80/20. The track’s supplemental covered the 20%. All I paid out pocket was under $500 in the end; if I had pushed on co-pay for physical therapy it might have been under $100. All I could think about after the fact was the number of times I strapped in with $0 of my own insurance.

5/26/19, 2:00 AM   #76
Midget98

I believe USAC's coverage through its membership and pit passes is strictly for USAC sanctioned events.

5/26/19, 9:50 AM   #77
ThrowbackRacingTeam

If you expect to have 32 plus cars at every race you will need a time machine and have to go back about 15-20 years! In 2019, not gonna happen. But, the racing was great! Especially in the heats before they got the track smoother. Feature was good with Stockon holding them off and Leary and Short coming from the back after blown tires. It was just cool to see the "Action" back in the Action Track with some ruts and heaviness early on. The modifieds filled out the show nicely and the good racing they provided made it a "full show" with 5 heats and two a-mains.
Finally,I hope the moderator of this site bans the troll that claims he left early. This person is obviously a wing fan bashing USAC for no good reason. People on here need to ignore posts like that and laugh it off, not make any more comments about it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!