IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
5/23/19, 2:58 AM   #41
Non wing lover

Forgot to ask where was the epperson ride? Kyle cummins? The-mez,?just sickening the lack of cars sad sad sad a Nd to think I sac was prestigious series at one time sad

5/23/19, 3:00 AM   #42
Non wing lover

Exactly dork boy

5/23/19, 6:13 AM   #43
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
ossuks

Do they still subtract purse money if car owner is not a USAC member? Used to be $100, I am sure that makes an owner feel welcome! Charge them more to get a pit pass and pay them less, "hell yea Bernie,load up the trailer "!!
Last edited by ossuks; 5/23/19 at 6:15 AM.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, PIT CART, speed bump, Tom23
5/23/19, 6:34 AM   #44
Beinthecircle

I got a good laugh from this thread. Goodness. Happy Thursday.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, opnwhlmnd, oppweld
5/23/19, 7:13 AM   #45
HDINDY

They should make it a weekend show with the dirt cars. Mid week you're asking the locals to support the show and that's not gonna happen. It's tough to risk the weather and lose sleep before work . Then you factor the young crowd can only spread so much cash with so many nights of racing this weekend. Most of all folks say a prayer the soldier's that gave all this weekend so we have the freedom to choose where we go and enjoy. Veteran's day is for active duty and those who served, this day is for who gave the ultimate. Semper Fi ..

1 member likes this post: dirt330
5/23/19, 7:41 AM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Forgot to ask where was the epperson ride? Kyle cummins? The-mez,?just sickening the lack of cars sad sad sad a Nd to think I sac was prestigious series at one time sad
Epperson has slowed down their racing program the last couple years, But still field a car when they're up to it. They pretty much announced this a couple years ago.

Kyle Cummins runs a full time business and it's far from the first time he's missed USAC shows, As they say, No Bucks, NO Buck Rodgers. I love the fact that he cares more about his long term goals, than a night or two of racing that could hurt or put business behind. He still puts on a hell of a race when he's out there.

There were also other's missing, Tyler Thomas and others.

Many of the teams that race are one car or one motor or both teams. Most work full time The schedule is brutal for that kind of team. And some of these trips are in the tens of thousands in cost.

Like others said, I've seen some lower budget teams take podiums at THAT, But not on a tacky track.

Congrats to Chase Stockon, Nothing should take away from that. Enjoy your riffle. still one of the coolest trophy's there is.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, kcarm92, oppweld, Scott Daloisio
5/23/19, 8:10 AM   #47
ThePurple73

The thing I think hurting racing everywhere is this: shows running too long.

Now Terre Haute last night ran pretty quick but there were only 3 heats and a feature. I am sure a Wednesday night doesn't help much.

As a fan I would pay more to see -- time trials, 4 heats, consi, feature and go home. Hopefully 32 cars. Even three heats works with good cars. I hear a lot of complaints that people don't like to sit on wood bleachers from 5:30 to 11:30. Get rid of the support classes and run sprint car races.

I love going to Terre Haute to races but I can't remember the last time sprint car's ran on Saturday night there. Tough for out of towners, out of state folks to make a Wednesday night race. I realize this race was part of the Indy week, hopefully Indy fans drove down.

1 member likes this post: captrat
5/23/19, 8:43 AM   #48
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Also left after the heats both Friday at granite and terre haute nothing left to watch let alone that many will not waste time or money on programs like this anymore.
You left before the feature because there was nothing to watch? I bet if you hold your hand over your left eye at the start of the feature you won’t even notice the missing cars!

5/23/19, 9:17 AM   #49
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

The stands were pretty darn full last night. Very good crowd for a mid week show. For the guy that left after the heats, Really?!?! You missed the feature and a good modified show! Got to remember that 1; this wasn't Indiana Sprint Week, and 2; most of the weekend warriors have day jobs that pay their bills ( mortgage, food, water, etc...). Some are just going to gripe if the car count is to low and it's a quick show, others are going to gripe if there's a large car count and they don't leave the track until 11-12.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, EBookerFan, erich45, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright
5/23/19, 9:20 AM   #50
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

We were glad to be able to just see a race! Hats off to the track crew for the job they did.
Let's hope they can do the same tonight,we're heading north around noon.
Tomorrow is the Josh Burton Memorial,
MCSC Sprints,purse keeps climbing,$4000.00 to win,$1000.00 for Modifeds.
Everyone have a Happy & Safe Memorial Day weekend,let's not forget the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 5/23/19 at 9:21 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!