IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #81 9/19/11 1:54 PM
Originally Posted by monkeyboy:
Do you know how many fans would give their left nut to live here and be privileged with the racing we get to see on a weekly basis .
While I don't have much interest in self-castration, I do wish I lived closer to Indiana. I've made about six trips to the Hoosier State for non-wing sprint racing this season.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
racegal (Offline)
  #82 9/19/11 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I thought I saw Dave Darland's backup car on the track in warmups, but I don't think it ever raced. There was discussion among the group around me, with some saying they had seen the team car, and others not. Was the second car there?
I'm sorry I don't know. It usually is though.

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Motormasher (Offline)
  #83 9/19/11 9:45 PM
I was in the pits and didn't see his back up car.
Darrel said he hates Haubstadt cause they can't leave the track alone so I doubt if they wanted to put the other car in the race & Shu likes running Putnamville.
hotrodfan (Offline)
  #84 9/21/11 8:30 PM
Wow. You guys crack me up. A couple people post their opinions and you don,t want them back, go to paragon. I got back to Indy at 3am and yes it should have been earlier.
It was an hour from the end of Mod b main that took forever until they finally pushed off sprintcars. The race was fine and I do like TSS but for all the work they did and time the track sure didnt hold up. I will go back and you can tell me not to but ha. Don't take it so personal, its just someones opinion. Later.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, ronmil
ronmil (Offline)
  #85 9/23/11 3:39 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
I like it when TSS has a race there. Helps liven the board up with which track is the best track in Indiana. Posts from people that werent even there. The best prepped track in the USA. (Sometimes the most over prepped track in the USA my.02) Dont come back you wont be missed!! I'm sure the Helfrich's like those posts at $22 a pop for adults to get in,i'm sure they want you to come back!

I've seen really good races there,and I've seen average races there. Last night was average.

Congrats to Casey Riggs. He did have the car hooked up last night and no one could touch him!
Andrew,

I believe your post sums up my feelings pretty well, especially the part about most over prepped track. Don't know what the cause was, but that was the most dust (grit) I've had on me (and my car) in ages at TSS. There is an overwhelming consensus among people I talk with that we could get by with a lot less track prep. The track looked great, and it was really moist at feature time, but, boy, it was all downhill from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for track prep when it is needed, but I have seen many times when it has a negative effect. That's my .02 worth on that subject.
The intermission was quite different at this race. They normally open up the gates and allow people to come and go as they wish, but they were checking for the identifying mark on hands, and, the reserve seat ticket booth was still open. The crowd was huge, but apparently the reserve seats did not have a sellout. I'm wondering if perhaps people have been waiting until time for the feature to come to the track and, thus escaping the admission charge. Bloomington had that problem a few years ago, so they do not open the gate until the feature is over, now.
I take exception to Clydesdales remark that TSS is in the middle of nowhere. Being situated right on a federal highway doesn't fit that category. Eldora Speedway might come closer to fitting that description, but I've never heard it described that way.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: jim goerge, Mud Packer
Slider812 (Offline)
  #86 9/23/11 5:05 PM
Geez let's cry some more. How about some of you baby's say the burgers weren't cooked all the way, the beer wasn't cold enough, too many cars in the parking lot, the cars are to loud. Cmon the race was a week ago. We all should looking forward to this weekends races. So quit crying and let's go racing
Posted via Mobile Device
ronmil (Offline)
  #87 9/23/11 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Slider812:
Geez let's cry some more. How about some of you baby's say the burgers weren't cooked all the way, the beer wasn't cold enough, too many cars in the parking lot, the cars are to loud. Cmon the race was a week ago. We all should looking forward to this weekends races. So quit crying and let's go racing
Posted via Mobile Device
Who's crying? Think you need to read again. And, I am looking forward to this weekend. Enjoy yours!

Ron Miller
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Steve Wendel
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #88 9/23/11 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Slider812:
Posted via Mobile Device
I actually did hear the burgers were not that good!
ronmil (Offline)
  #89 9/23/11 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel:
I actually did hear the burgers were not that good!
Steve,

Now you'll be accused of crying!

Ron Miller