IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wrench Turner (Offline)
  #1 6/14/13 8:41 AM
Police are investigating the crash? Does this normally happen? Maybe I just never hear about that part.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-police-061313
sc96 (Offline)
  #2 6/14/13 8:54 AM
It's a New Jersey state law for accidents that are fatal I think

Posted via Mobile Device
herbie42 (Offline)
  #3 6/14/13 8:58 AM
From what I read it sounds like the State Police pretty much run the show there during races.
Crankin (Offline)
  #4 6/14/13 9:19 AM
Here is a nice article, and it also answers your question:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...ean-new-jersey
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #5 6/14/13 9:55 AM
This is from Bridgeport in 2006. To me it was a regular sprint car crash we sprint car people see week in week out all across the country and even in Canada.

I have been told NJ is the most bureaucratic, heavily governed, and also corrupt state out there!

3 Likes: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, The Old Coyote
Bostonian (Offline)
  #6 6/14/13 9:57 AM
I know it's done the same way in CT too. I don't know about here in MA. We only have 1 track still running
DAD (Offline)
  #7 6/14/13 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Bostonian:
I know it's done the same way in CT too. I don't know about here in MA. We only have 1 track still running
When done properly regulations can kill almost anything. They just tend to sneak up on their prey and then pounce.

God bless those do-gooders out there for protecting us from ourselves.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: The Old Coyote, Wrench Turner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #8 6/14/13 11:33 AM
Here's another odd one for ya, back when I had a full time shop, and bladder tanks were being mandated, I asked one of my mfg reps who "certifies" this item to the standards it is represented as, and the answer was, " they are submited to the New York State Police and they do the testing", kinda makes ya wonder, doesn't it, maybe this has changed, but my imagination went off, I could just see 4 or 5 troopers, in old beat up cars, playing tag with a race tank and bladder! Makes ya wonder. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: Jerry Spencer, Xflagman
c47 (Offline)
  #9 6/14/13 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by apexonephoto:

I have been told NJ is the most bureaucratic, heavily governed, and also corrupt state out there!
you left out TAXED
i have lived here in NJ for 47 years and what you hear is true. but there are some very quiet, rural areas that you wouldnt believe could be in NJ. i happen to reside in one of those areas.....with that being said, NJ is just short of a mob war and a police state. the state police run the racing in the state and have some pretty strange rules... (as casey shuman can attest to) i have gone toe to toe with the NJSP racing representitive at new egypt about what a farce their "safety rules" can be and the way the Leffler incident was and is being handled is just another example. and they will probably come up with another dumbazz rule to protect you from yourself.
Motormasher (Offline)
  #10 6/14/13 12:56 PM
I hate NJ & NY....they treat truckers like crap and always have.
Ohio is'nt far behind them either. I don't go to any races in those states.

Posted via Mobile Device