IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What are you thankful for?
11/25/09, 11:38 PM   #21
Re: What are you thankful for?
Flatrightrear

Thanks be to God for sending us a Savior. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I am thankful for all the medical breakthroughs that have taken place over the years. Two years ago I was recovering from a burst appendix and pnuemonia. My old retired doctor told me that 40 yrs. ago I probably would've been dead. This year was a round of Hodgkins Disease (lymphoma) to deal with and am now disease free. Thank you to all the people in the past that allowed themselves to be experimented on that helped create a cure for me and others today. A lot of pain and suffering and death was endured by a lot of people before drugs were found and developed that give cancer patients a fighting chance in 2009. I owe those folks so much. I think about them with sorrow and joy at the same time. Tom

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, pletchfan
11/26/09, 12:31 AM   #22
ChaplainJackie

I am thankful that I serve a loving and giving God.
I am thankful that my parents are still living as well as all my siblings.
I am thankful for all God has given me like a home, yard, dogs, my job and a CHEVY truck.
I am thankful for my ministry at Lawrenceburg Speedway.
I am thankful for Dave Rudisell and his family and that it is important to them that a prayer is said at every event and that I can pray in the name of Jesus.
I am thankful for the fans at Lawrenceburg Speedway they are the best.
I am thankful for Chad Cunningham for being so kind to me and understanding my fears about being in front of people.
I am thankful for Trent Collins for making sure that a prayer is said at the drivers meeting.
I am thankful for the Bible and that I can read.
I am happy and content with my life, and my goal is to be faithful to my God who has been faithful to me.
Gosh the only thing I really need in life is a spell checker on the IOW board!!!!!LOL
P.S. I am thankful to Bill and the IOW board and the fact that we can post prayers.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, pletchfan
11/26/09, 2:38 AM   #23
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainJackie View Post
Gosh the only thing I really need in life is a spell checker on the IOW board!!!!!LOL
Spell checker is coming soon!:2:

Edit... Oops Sorry it is already here. Look in the top right hand corner and look for the ABC w/blue check mark. Install the iespell plugin and you are all set. Or you can download it directly from this link... http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/300...50.html?tag=bc

11/26/09, 2:57 AM   #24
Pat O'Connor Fan

Nou y wood eye wunt spellchegger ?

11/26/09, 1:40 PM   #25
v8j

I am thankful for my family,girl friend,my job what little work I have.thank you god

11/26/09, 2:58 PM   #26
Amatiforever

I am Thankful for being alive and well this Thanksgiving.
That I live in a Country where I can worship my God as I please.
Thankful for the great men and woman serving this country to keep us free.
Thankful for wonderful friends.
Thankful for the friends that helped me thru this past year when I didn't want to go on.
Thankful for Sprint car racing still going strong after all of these years.
Thankful for my beautiful daughter.
Thankful to Chuck Amati for all the wonderful memories and the wonderful grandson Shane he left behind so he could be my best friend.
Thankful to a VERY SPECIAL friend (he knows who he is) that has been there for me during so many sorrows this year, but also thru some great times.
Thankful to all of you for being here when I needed you.
God Bless You All and THe Happiest of All Thanksgivings

11/26/09, 4:06 PM   #27
Midwest Connection

Just a few of the many things I am thankful for:

I can say that on this day today 26 November 2009, which is my birthday, I am happy my eyes opened this morning and my feet touched the floor.

Thankful for my family.

Happy to be a cancer survivor.

Thankful to be living in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Thankful for all my friends.

A salute and thank you to ALL of our military men and women past, present, and future. A Vietnam Era Veteran myself - USAF.

It was fun chatting with new friends down in turns 1 & 2 at the Indy Fairgrounds this past year for the Silver Crown race, and the friends I made at Terre Haute this past year as well. Hope to see you all again in 2010.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...see you at the races

Rich - Arnold, Missouri

1 member likes this post: Amatiforever
11/26/09, 6:56 PM   #28
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Connection View Post
Just a few of the many things I am thankful for:

I can say that on this day today 26 November 2009, which is my birthday, I am happy my eyes opened this morning and my feet touched the floor.

Thankful for my family.

Happy to be a cancer survivor.

Thankful to be living in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Thankful for all my friends.

A salute and thank you to ALL of our military men and women past, present, and future. A Vietnam Era Veteran myself - USAF.

It was fun chatting with new friends down in turns 1 & 2 at the Indy Fairgrounds this past year for the Silver Crown race, and the friends I made at Terre Haute this past year as well. Hope to see you all again in 2010.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...see you at the races

Rich - Arnold, Missouri
Happy birthday Rich. Two things to celebrate today.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

11/26/09, 7:38 PM   #29
Pine

TURKEY......Sigh.....!!!!!!!!!!!........Sheeeeeeew .....!!!!!!!!!!.........BUUUURRRRRP........... ...
Last edited by Pine; 11/26/09 at 7:44 PM.

11/26/09, 9:28 PM   #30
Z-man

Being home after working a 12 hour day,then stuffing my face on turkey and pie, still room for a cold adult beverage and time for some live racing video.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Spell checker is coming soon!:2:

Edit... Oops Sorry it is already here. Look in the top right hand corner and look for the ABC w/blue check mark. Install the iespell plugin and you are all set. Or you can download it directly from this link... http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/300...50.html?tag=bc
Thanks Bill I is alreddy yousing it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What are you thankful for?