IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Methanol Injection Question
2/2/17, 9:46 AM   #1
Methanol Injection Question
Copperhead

We have always run stock injection on gasoline on the two mini sprints we've owned in the past. What all is involved with running aftermarket injection on methanol as far as weekly maintenance and keeping everything clean and running smooth?

2/2/17, 10:49 AM   #2
Re: Methanol Injection Question
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

If you run stock injection, converted by someone like Guhl to run methanol, it's not horribly different. I generally empty my fuel tank every week, and purge the system.

http://www.maximumdirt.com/forum/vie...Purging#p95590

Others seem to get by just starting the car up and letting it run for a few minutes every two or three days. Probably not a bad idea to clean the injectors every couple of months, either way you go.

http://www.maximumdirt.com/forum/vie...ectors#p105726

Bill

2/2/17, 2:18 PM   #3
Copperhead

Ok, well that gives me something to go on. Appreciate the links as well. Thank you.

2/6/17, 7:04 PM   #4
Bradleyracing86

I know Ambrose cleaned is injection maybe twice a year.. the key is to not let it sit.. they started the cars every week like on weds never had an issue.. let it get to 180 and shut her off

2/6/17, 7:47 PM   #5
Re: Methanol Injection Question
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
I know Ambrose cleaned is injection maybe twice a year.. the key is to not let it sit.. they started the cars every week like on weds never had an issue.. let it get to 180 and shut her off
Ok, cool. Thank you.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Methanol Injection Question