David Lynch

Announced usac back 15-18 2012
Posted via Mobile Device

2/19/11, 7:19 PM   #2
Re: Usac at ocala 2012
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Might just have to go visit my uncle next year, he lives about 30 mins from the track. Wife says if we go we are doing more then just going to the track though

2/20/11, 12:54 AM   #3
ISF

My Wife's parents live in Port Orange and she has family in Ocala, as well, and we started making plans to visit her folks next February and make the trip over to Ocala all three nights after we heard the announcement that USAC would return next Winter. From what I saw tonight this place sure beats East Bay in a lot of different ways and it's about half as far from PO.

2/20/11, 10:37 AM   #4
staggerman

Good to hear they will be back. Had a great time. Too bad they didn't move the event one week later to not go head to head with the East Bay King of the 360's as splitting the sprint car fans with two big shows on the same weekend only 100 miles apart doesn't seem to be a good move.

2/20/11, 10:57 AM   #5
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lynch View Post
Announced usac back 15-18 2012
Posted via Mobile Device
NASCAR website indicates Daytona 500 will be on 26 Feb 2012 so Ocala will be on 23-25 Feb

2/20/11, 12:23 PM   #6
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
Might just have to go visit my uncle next year, he lives about 30 mins from the track. Wife says if we go we are doing more then just going to the track though
then take her to don garlits museum

2/20/11, 2:51 PM   #7
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
then take her to don garlits museum
I don't think that was what she was talking about. She wants to go to Disney. Plus she doesn't like museums at all.

2/20/11, 2:55 PM   #8
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
NASCAR website indicates Daytona 500 will be on 26 Feb 2012 so Ocala will be on 23-25 Feb
Any idea why they are doing that?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
... take her to don garlits museum
We were headed there until we found out they want $30 to get in! We went to the NHRA museum in Pomona while at Perris and I don't recall that it cost anything.

2/20/11, 2:58 PM   #9
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
Any idea why they are doing that?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

We were headed there until we found out they want $30 to get in! We went to the NHRA museum in Pomona while at Perris and I don't recall that it cost anything.
The 2012 Daytona 500 will be held a week later than normal, eliminating the early off date and shortening the Sprint Cup season. The "Great American Race'' will be held next year on February 26. "We have a very short offseason,'' said Steve O'Donnell, a senior vice president with NASCAR. "This gives us a little more time shortening up the season.'' Beyond moving the date to shorten the season, O'Donnell said NASCAR wanted to get ahead of any potential moves to an 18-game schedule by the NFL that could push the Super Bowl later than normal. There are no plans to condense the length of Speedweeks, although the date of the Budweiser Shootout has not been officially set at the weekend before the 500 (would be Feb 18th].(ESPN.com)
AND Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III announced today that the 54th Annual Daytona 500 will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2012. "The decision to kick-off to the NASCAR racing season one week later was made in close partnership with the sanctioning body, our broadcast partners including FOX, community partners and others within the industry," said Chitwood. "This move shortens the racing season by one week, which is something the teams and competitors will surely enjoy, and it eliminates the off-weekend typically scheduled in March, which many fans and media partners have said created a drop in momentum in the early part of the racing season. We also know some of our great fans like to plan their visit to the 'World Center of Racing' well in advance so we are announcing the 2012 date much earlier in the season to minimize any inconveniences in planning their visit." The dates of Daytona International Speedway's other racing events that comprise Speedweeks, in addition to the motorcycle events in March, will be determined in the near future

2/20/11, 3:03 PM   #10
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

It doesn't make much difference to me, unless that means that all the flights will be mobbed with family going to FL for school vacation. Maybe I'll drive.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac at ocala 2012