IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Montpelier Saturday 9/30
9/27/23, 11:23 AM   #1
BOSS Montpelier Saturday 9/30
sprinter14

BOSS Returns to Montpelier Motor Speedway This Saturday

The penultimate event for the 2023 season of the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series tour is set for this Saturday, September 30th at the Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Indiana. In May, the tour brought 40 entries to the historic quarter mile oval when the last driver to pull into the pit area was the first one across the finish line! It was Braxton Cummings scoring the win over current tour point leader, Ricky Lewis. But a mere write-up could not do the main event justice in terms of the action it provided. Most in attendance would have nominated it for "race of the year" as Cummings, Lewis and Dallas Hewitt battled 3 wide at times, for the lead, in heavy lapped traffic.

Very near clinching the season championship, Ricky Lewis will lead the field into Montpelier with Korbyn Hayslett in the runner-up spot, only 7 points ahead of Isaac Chapple who sits in the third spot. Cody Gardner and Lee Underwood round out the current top 5 with Jesse Vermillion, Brian Ruhlman, Blake Vermillion, Steve Little and Dustin Ingle rounding out the top 10.

On Saturday, pit gates will open at 3 with general admission gates opening at 4. BOSS driver meeting will be at 5:45 with hot laps at 6 and racing at 7:30. Adult general admission tickets are $20 while kids 12 and under are free with adult admission. For competing teams, cars must be on 4 corner Hoosier Tires and the right rear must be one of the following: D15A, Medium or H15. There is no entry fee for the BOSS sprints and Montpelier Speedway promoter, Chad King, graciously provides the transponders free of charge!

The payout for Saturday's 25 lap main event is the standard BOSS payout for this season which is as follows: 2000, 1000, 750, 650, 550, 500, 450, 425, 400, 375, 350, 340, 330, 320, 310, 300, 300, 300, 300, 300. Heat races will also pay the top 4: 40, 30, 20, 10 thanks to MadTree Brewing of Cincinnati, Outsider's Merchandise & Apparel, and Elizabeth Gardner Photography. Bonus awards will be provided by Hoosier Tire, Indy Race Parts, E A Home Supply, Cowen Truck Line Inc, All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads and All Star Performance.

Mufflers are NOT required for this weekend. The BOSS series will have a limited supply of tires and methanol available. Please call ahead to reserve specific sizes or chalk marks or specific amounts of fuel. We hope to see everyone at Montpelier this Saturday!

9/27/23, 3:33 PM   #2
Re: BOSS Montpelier Saturday 9/30
kb78

I plan on being there. The BOSS format works well for the cars and drivers of this series although I do not think it would be a great format for a National series. I have been to a couple BOSS races at Montpelier and it has always been a pretty good show.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, tirespinner
9/27/23, 9:25 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Been to three Boss Sprints and one midget week there and enjoyed em all.

Hopefully they tracks better than what I heard about last weekend. (Dustbowl)

Have fun, Think Burg and maybe closer at Waynesfield may be all I can make if things are going well.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
9/28/23, 7:14 AM   #4
kb78

Chuck,
I have L-Burg, Gas City and Waynesfield left on my calendar for the year after Montpelier. I will come over and say hi if I see you there.
Last edited by kb78; 9/28/23 at 7:16 AM.

10/1/23, 9:41 AM   #5
kb78

Good race, Lewis came from deep in the pack to chase down Max Adam’s. Adam’s would have won if not for the lapped car of Brian Ruhlman racing him like it was for position. I like Ruhlman, but afterward I thought to myself that this is the reason those national boys don’t give no love to the lappers. My guess is that next time Adam’s is in this position neither will he.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE
10/1/23, 10:35 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
Good race, Lewis came from deep in the pack to chase down Max Adam’s. Adam’s would have won if not for the lapped car of Brian Ruhlman racing him like it was for position. I like Ruhlman, but afterward I thought to myself that this is the reason those national boys don’t give no love to the lappers. My guess is that next time Adam’s is in this position neither will he.
The issue of lappers you can write a book on. If someone is out there NOT RACING FOR POSITION and is running two seconds a lap slower than the leaders. They should either be OUT OF THE GROOVE or pulled in. Everyone's spending money to be there. I er on the side of getting laps.

If the lappers are fighting for position which happened at the BC39 last night. They got every right to do what they can do to beat the other. It's up to the leaders to find a way around or follow behind one of em.

1 member likes this post: Grocery Guy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Montpelier Saturday 9/30