IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke will rise from the #69
1/18/17, 1:05 PM   #1
Smoke will rise from the #69
Big T 69

Go to Hoffman Racing face book page to view the announcement on the driver for the #69 Hoffman car for this year's Little 500.

1 member likes this post: davidm
1/18/17, 1:25 PM   #2
interpreter66

Let me be the first to say it sit down a$$ holes it's not a NASCAR race .get ready for the invasion,it will be just like when they invaded the chili bowl I think it's great that he's running the race it's just all the baggage that comes with that crowd

5 members like this post: LB, PIT CART, sprinter14, tirespinner, TQ97
1/18/17, 3:42 PM   #3
Re: Smoke will rise from the #69
Seadog

Kody Swanson tweeted that he is looking for a ride now.

2 members like this post: bsmith8, sprinter14
1/18/17, 4:52 PM   #4
LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
Let me be the first to say it sit down a$$ holes it's not a NASCAR race .get ready for the invasion,it will be just like when they invaded the chili bowl I think it's great that he's running the race it's just all the baggage that comes with that crowd
Lol

1/18/17, 5:00 PM   #5
Blacki-Suede

I know for a fact that if Kody doesn't land a decent ride for the Little 500, there is a gentleman in the wings that will see to it he gets a decent seat.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Owen, sprinter14
1/18/17, 5:09 PM   #6
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Interpreter, it's amazing to see the second post to this fantastic announcement comes off so negative. Sit down A$$. Get ready for invasion. Invaded the Chili Bowl, which is now one of the biggest short track events of the year. How about taking the stance that by Tony running, all the eyes of the racing world will be on the Pay Less Little 500. It will take the race, ticket sales, sponsor impressions, and driver recognitions to a new high. It will put the City of Anderson on the map. It will help all the charities of the 500 Festival. Ask Rick Dawson if he cares about extra baggage with that crowd. How about record ticket sales. Think before you make such a sarcastic post next time.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, jim goerge, leftturnonly, PIT CART, racer-x, tigerone
1/18/17, 5:18 PM   #7
interpreter66

[quote=Grocery Guy;466103]Interpreter, it's amazing to see the second post to this fantastic announcement comes off so negative. Sit down A$$. Get ready for invasion. Invaded the Chili Bowl, which is now one of the biggest short track events of the year. How about taking the stance that by Tony running, all the eyes of the racing world will be on the Pay Less Little 500. It will take the race, ticket sales, sponsor impressions, and driver recognitions to a new high. It will put the City of Anderson on the map. It will help all the charities of the 500 Festival. Ask Rick Dawson if he cares about extra baggage with that crowd. How about record ticket sales. Think before you make such a sarcastic post next time.

I did think about it and everything you said that is a byproduct is great . But that is not what I spoke about .oh by the way isn't it great that we all can have an opinion.believe it or not I even respect your opinion
Last edited by interpreter66; 1/18/17 at 5:20 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
1/18/17, 5:39 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Kody deserves a top ride and Im sure there is one that will have him Excellent Proven Driver.

However if he was sitting back like he already had a ride.

As far as I know there was no plans to run any racing out of HAR shop until a little over a month ago. Sponsorship, Some parts and operations moved to CB/EZR/Hoffman in Indiana. There is no full time Crew Chief unlike the last 15 or more years.

From what I can tell, Tony called em and asked em. Rob agreed he'd build the car with Richard, Tom and Al and wrench it at the race.. So it was on. I think there's more reasons to it than to just run the race. MEAN GREEN/CR Brands, Lykins and Hoosier are putting up $$$ to have their name out on the USAC trail, What better way to assure that continues in the future than have Indycar and three time Nascar Champion all over the newspapers, racing shows etc?

As far as Circus? I know what it is, Im sure they don't want to put barriers around the pit etc. Fans that don't sit. But it's a pretty well established race as it is. Im sure there won't be too much difference and SMOKE even if he is there to win, Will have to beat 32 other cars out there and have a tad bit of luck to do it.

The only difference a Superstar has on it, Is instead of several thousand fans knowing who you are, It's several million. The exposure can be good and bad but Smoke just wants to be Smoke, IN Short track racer.

Going to say the same things when he drives at TQ at Columbus? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS SPORT NEEDS. More exposure and more people wanting to get into it. TQ's are the second stage to a midget or sprint.

1/18/17, 7:10 PM   #9
Pavement Dave

It's great that he has plans on running this event and it gets me excited! Longbterm it could escalate the cost to be competitive in this race though.
Last edited by Pavement Dave; 1/18/17 at 7:50 PM.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner, trannyman
1/18/17, 8:24 PM   #10
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Dave View Post
It's great that he has plans on running this event and it gets me excited! Longbterm it could escalate the cost to be competitive in this race though.
Dave I liked your post earlier before you edited it .I think you brought up some very good valid points that a lot of people were overlooking, due to the excitement of him racing !

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke will rise from the #69