IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?
6/5/18, 9:43 PM   #111
Z-man

Some 20 year old from Pennsylvania took your place.
Last edited by Z-man; 6/5/18 at 9:45 PM.

6/5/18, 10:00 PM   #112
tmac39

Must be Plymouths check finally cleared for Kevin Miller.

2 members like this post: dustbowl, PIT CART
6/5/18, 11:29 PM   #113
Re: Sprint Week / Gas City ?
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Who took my place??
No one could take your place AQ. But you should come give us a visit, you dont have to go in. Pine does that all the time

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97
6/6/18, 4:38 AM   #114
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
No one could take your place AQ. But you should come give us a visit, you dont have to go in. Pine does that all the time
I had the old Chevy out the other day and stopped in at Lawrenceburg to chat. I saw Bob,but not Monica,Eldora Mark, John Gilbertson from Florida (Havent seen him in years) Stubb from Ohio,The Global Speedway tours group from Australia,Marv for just a sec, Irvin King "The old hillbilly from West Virginia" And also Speedy from Australia who I have seen at races all over the USA and Australia since I first met him at the Big One years ago,among others as well.

I got asked where the first race of sprint week was going to be held,and I had to say I have no idea. I think its a sad state of affairs when you are just weeks away from the Sprint Week opener,and no one knows where it is. I would think this late in the game you'd be hoping for word of mouth advertising to get the word out with short notice for the local fans. What do they do for the traveling fans coming in from far away that wanted to know where its at to plan vacations?? People were asking about this since the USAC sprint schedule came out last December. How long do you need to make out a schedule?

Dont they ever think of the fans?
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 6/6/18 at 5:19 AM.

6/7/18, 5:56 AM   #115
BrentTFunk

I have a hunch that USAC is going to make an effort to work with Jerry. They are aware of the effort he has made. Plus the people in today's USAC are not the same as the people 20 years ago. It may not be SprintWeek, but I am sure something will happen.

4 members like this post: Jbaldwin, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright
6/7/18, 10:25 AM   #116
flagboy55

I don't get all the displeasure with Plymouth. Since they went dirt they've been continually running open wheel shows. USAC midgets and sprints, WOO, Allstars, open wheel Wednesday's. They've been trying just like the new ownership at Gas. It's an hour from Kokomo max, all 4 lanes,and what 2 hours from Indy? I don't see the big problem. Believe it or not there a lot fans of USAC north of Kokomo and even in Michigan! I love the fact we get a little love for a change, and it's still an hour drive for me. The last race there was a good show and I expect the ISW race to be that much better.
Last edited by flagboy55; 6/7/18 at 3:41 PM.

6/7/18, 7:04 PM   #117
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Believe it or not there a lot fans of USAC north of Kokomo and even in Michigan! I love the fact we get a little love for a change, and it's still an hour drive for me.
Thanks for the nod, '55.

Like I said earlier in this thread, this should have been Plan A all along. In this case, the means did not justify the ends.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?