IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Holiday Midget Race Survey Give Your Opinion
8/16/14, 3:57 PM   #1
Holiday Midget Race Survey Give Your Opinion
Tony Barhorst

We had a really good event last December. Russ Gamester won on Friday night in the midgets. He had won a USAC event in the old Coliseum next door in 1989 in the same GRP Chassis/Grant King/Volkswagen ! Promising new midget driver Justin Peck won on Saturday in a Beast/Volkswagen. ( All results http://www.rumbleseries.com/results/2013-2/ )

Many of you have recieved a survey by e-mail, or have seen it on our Rumble racing Series Facebook page. I want to have input from those that have not participated already.

The midgets, dirt rules 600s AND the Outlaw Winged cars will certainly return. We have no plans to change any rules because we want to be consistent. However, your opinion is encouraged reagrding any comment you want to make. Just use a comment box on the survey, PM me, or respond here. Give your e-mail address in the comment so we can discuss if needed.

I am thinking of running a three day full show for all divisions. I have in mind an outdoor type payout the first day Fri. Dec. 26, with a typical Rumble higher payout on Saturday, and Sunday, Dec. 28. The entry fee, ticket and pit pass prices will be lower the first day than usual. I MAY have a points fund for the top 5 in points. Keep in mind teams are in town usually three days anyway for our load in and practice. We have neen running three days anyway, so why not have a payout all three?

Here is a link to the survey. Let's see what you prefer by taking a few minutes filling it out.If you have been a part of our event as a participant, fan, team member, media, or official, we want to hear from you.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/su...hyj0dgxo/start

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst
Rumble Racing Series on Facebook
@Rumbleseries on Twitter

Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 8/17/14 at 3:08 PM.

2 members like this post: 2fast4u, dirtnonwingfan
8/16/14, 5:59 PM   #2
Re: Holiday Midget Race Survey Give Your Opinion
Task Force

more racing is always a plus for me!...however two days of indoor racing fumes has me feeling like crap the next week...dont know how 3 days would affect me ....

1 member likes this post: jdull99
8/16/14, 6:21 PM   #3
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

TB, stupid question but have you checked into any chance of racing in the new coliseum at the State Fairgrounds?
I'm not a technical guy, so the only way i can see that you can improve your great event is just being closer to me, selfish i know.

3 members like this post: mc/rider, mowerman, Tony Barhorst
8/16/14, 7:13 PM   #4
Tony Barhorst

Task Force...I am considering dropping classes, in order to help streamline the show, and give time for clearing the air.

I also realize that many won't go all three days...probably pick one or two..not expecting sellouts because of the added capacity. Working on fan comfort.

The new Coliseum not only has hockey, but now IUPUI basketball. No open dates.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 8/16/14 at 10:11 PM.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
8/16/14, 9:49 PM   #5
weirracing

down in Indy would be great more room bigger track for the midgets and micros . hell put two winter shows on . one in Fort Wayne and one in Indy but I don't see them doing that better ventilation would be great too I love the close racing there

8/16/14, 10:06 PM   #6
Tony Barhorst

Thanks for your input Jerry, but as part of the debate I have to say that the Ft. Wayne floor is the same size as the Indy Coliseum.

8/17/14, 9:08 AM   #7

3 days gives me more of a chance at making 2 shows

8/19/14, 2:38 AM   #8
jdull99

I'd like to suggest: Starting ALL track activity the LATEST as possible on the day after Xmass (maybe run shorter races on the opening "practice" day), start the 3rd day maybe like an hour earlier, allow REAL eng WARM-UP laps ON TRACK (at least the 1st day - unlike that deal last year...lol), good "day-per-day" rates on pit passes & entries (tough not giving a team any discount that has problem on the 1st day)...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

8/19/14, 8:29 AM   #9
midgetfan1962

warmups on the track please...fumes were horrible in the pits

8/19/14, 1:25 PM   #10
Tony Barhorst

Jason,

The buck stops with me on that first day warmup last year. Not my idea, and I didn't know it was going to happen. I missed the meeting because of business. It didn't happen again the next day, and won't in the future.

I am dropping some classes in the interest of fan and team comfort. Air quality is a concern..we have had very good years on that, and some not as good. I will be monitoring the situation all the time.

Thanks,

Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 8/19/14 at 1:28 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Holiday Midget Race Survey Give Your Opinion