IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kdobson (Offline)
  #1 8/14/19 9:34 PM
As of Wednesday evening we are at 24 midgets with confirmed plans for Sunday, which tells me we should end up over or target of 30 in order to have our two-feature format. One paying $3,000 to win and another paying $1,000 to win. It should be a fun way to finish off a great weekend of racing in Central Illinois. I might do a little name dropping on this thread later in the week, but we have an excellent field of talented drivers on the list.

We also have 11 confirmed non-wing sprints thus far, which probably means a full field of those of close to 20. Also on tap are our 305 winged sprints and $500 to win Micros.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch at 217-371-3653. Non-wing tire rule is a Medium or H15 on RR and an open LR.

Grandstand admission Sunday is $20. Ages 11-18 $7. Kids 10 and under Free. Grandstands open at 4:00. Racing at 6:00.

Being a school night I would really like to know who is coming to race in any class so we can be as organized and efficient as possible. We want to get all of our racers and fans on the road home and peace and quiet in the neighborhood as early as possible.

This will be a fun one. Hope you can make it.

11 Likes: 3wide, ChetC, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, racenut69, SDHill89, tirespinner, XtremeLS1
kdobson (Offline)
  #2 8/16/19 7:45 PM
Sometimes my forgetfulness is a good thing. Wednesday morning was spent trying to get creative in recycling a trophy for Sunday's Jacksonville Midget Championships because I knew there was nothing cool I could have done by Sunday.... I even reached out to the son of a legendary midget racer wondering if I could buy a vintage trophy to give away... because I had totally forgot to get one for this event..

Then Eric Barnett of Precision Plating in Quincy texts me asking "Is there anything I could do to help with Sunday's Show?"

Uhhhh... Eric... I don't have a trophy.. any way you could solve that one?

By end of day Friday I have this jewel to give to the winner of Sunday's Race. I say it because I know many of you have seen Eric around open wheel races throughout the Midwest. You've probably seen some of his chrome work on some of the Reynolds/Flea Ruzic stable of Midgets. I just wanted to thank him publicly for a couple of late nights.. worlds of talent... and absolute dedication to the sport we love.

Thanks for the 48 Hour trophy Eric. You never know what kind of talent is sitting next to you in the grandstands of a race track.

19 Likes: AustinSprinter, bighd0522, ChetC, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, illinifan, Indy1808, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mscs20, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69, SDHill89, skids59, tirespinner, XtremeLS1
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #3 8/16/19 11:51 PM
What time does hot laps start?
kdobson (Offline)
  #4 8/16/19 11:57 PM
5:15. Racing at 6:00
3 Likes: Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, tirespinner
kdobson (Offline)
  #5 8/17/19 1:28 PM
We are still planning to race Sunday - even with the Champ Car Race and Macon cancelling. I checked with most of the teams that were coming and they've indicated they are going to stay in the area for Sunday night. With that commitment from them, we'll do whatever we can to make this happen Sunday - given that we do have a 10:00pm curfew on a school night. We will run the midgets as early as possible in the program to get most on the road home. Hope you can find a way to join us.

Grandstand open at 4:00. Hot Laps 5:00. Racing at 6:00.
4 Likes: Indy1808, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #6 8/17/19 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by kdobson:
We are still planning to race Sunday - We will run the midgets as early as possible in the program to get most on the road home. Hope you can find a way to join us.

Grandstand open at 4:00. Hot Laps 5:00. Racing at 6:00.
Thank you so much for doing this. You are a real jewel of a promoter! Now for those of us that try to keep score can you give us the racing format for this, please?

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
2 Likes: Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
kdobson (Offline)
  #7 8/17/19 2:33 PM
Midgets -

24 Cars or less (not expected)
Passing Point heat races line up feature.

25-39 Cars

Pill draw for heat race positions. (4 heats)
3 qualifiers lined-up by heat race passing points. Highest starts front of qualifier.
Top 5 finishers from 3 qualifiers make the $3000 to win feature (300 to start) lined up by qualifier finish position (Winner Qual 1 on pole, Winner Qual 3 on inside row 2 etc)
Remainder of cars go to a $1,000 to win feature (150 to start) lined up by qualifier finish.
Winner of 1,000 feature has option to give back check and start 16th in the 3,000 feature.

Non-Wing Sprints ($1000 to win/ $150 to start)
Pill draw/Passing point heats
Feature lined up by passing points. Will draw to invert 0, 2 or 3 rows. There will be 1 "0", 2 "2's" and 1 "3" in bag so 50% chance we invert 2 rows.

305 Sprints ($500 to win/$100 to start)
Pill Draw/Passing point heats
Feature lined up by passing points.

Micros ($500 to win/$100 to start)
Pill Draw/Passing point heats
Feature lined up by passing points.
3 Likes: Indy1808, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #8 8/18/19 11:49 AM
Where can I find heat lineups and etc? Twitter?
Also will you also be doing YouTube live broadcast tonight?
Thanks for having this race tonight!
👍🏻🏁👍🏻

Peace & love to all.
kdobson (Offline)
  #9 8/18/19 12:21 PM
This event is on Speed Shift - not our free YouTube stream. Check our Speedway Twitter page for lineups. We'll try to keep them on there. Probably just pictures.
5 Likes: bighd0522, Indy1808, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #10 8/18/19 3:32 PM
Will you be on Race Monitor or MyRacePass ???

Peace & love to all.