IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
55fan (Offline)
  #1 1/21/19 12:05 PM
Seems that USAC has the entire front page of the forum. Maybe it is about time they have their own thread. JMHO.
2 Likes: 7horse, Points
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #2 1/21/19 12:15 PM
I love it, especially in the winter! You can go back and reminisce on what happened and when, now there getting before my time! Keep it coming! Good job to who ever is doing it, sure it’s Richie.

Josh Spencer
26 Likes: 2fast4u, Charles Nungester, cmakin, davidm, EBookerFan, fish, FishBurger, Gregg, Hammer, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, mlamb, nathans1012, opnwhlmnd, Rapid Rick, rapid robert, scottyCbus, speed bump, superstock30, tamati, TNRustler, Will Shunk
55fan (Offline)
  #3 1/21/19 12:16 PM
It's not that I don't like the stories. It just belongs in its own place.
2 Likes: Bill Angel, Josh Spencer
revjimk (Offline)
  #4 1/21/19 12:27 PM
No big deal. If you don't like it, don't read it
14 Likes: Dirteater, interpreter66, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, opnwhlmnd, Puppy, racer5c, rapid robert, Scott Daloisio, scottyCbus, skids59, speed bump, sprint72, TNRustler
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 1/21/19 12:31 PM
I love it actually, That 1989 review brought back so many memories of Staab and the others as this was a time I was working on a Bomber and sometimes helpin Staab and by all means following USAC hard.

That first race at Florence was when Jeff Gordon won his first winged race in the 6

Seems like yesterday. Wow.

Anyway, It's part of the site that allows USAC, ASCS and some others to post Press releases directly to the board. I say keep it!
Chuck

Charles Nungester
22 Likes: cmakin, davidm, EBookerFan, FishBurger, Hammer, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, mlamb, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, Puppy, rapid robert, scottyCbus, TNRustler, TQ29m, wallbanger II, Will Shunk
55fan (Offline)
  #6 1/21/19 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
No big deal. If you don't like it, don't read it
Read my post directly above yours. Thanks 🏁🏁
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #7 1/21/19 12:47 PM
Post away It's always nice to see some of that history being posted. I looked most of it over and saw that the races in those days when I was in my teens were 40 and 50 lappers. Now days the races are 25 to 30 laps. Those 10 extra laps back then I'm sure made things interesting and could do the same today. Plus seeing all those legends of sport sure brought back fond memories for myself at those races.

#8 1/21/19 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by scottyCbus:
Post away It's always nice to see some of that history being posted. I looked most of it over and saw that the races in those days when I was in my teens were 40 and 50 lappers. Now days the races are 25 to 30 laps. Those 10 extra laps back then I'm sure made things interesting and could do the same today. Plus seeing all those legends of sport sure brought back fond memories for myself at those races.

Mr Scott I have read and enjoyed the Usac history. I am only interested in the placement. I'm sure we were at a lot of those same races you are talking about. I just think they need a separate thread. This part is for user discussion. I don't have a problem with promoting upcoming events and and current news here. Just the history could have its own thread.
richie (Offline)
  #9 1/21/19 1:07 PM
When something is posted on the USAC website, it gets automatically posted here on IOW. It's how the algorithms are set up, or what have you. Not controlled on my end. It's the offseason (for the most part) and staying up til 4am to post this stuff on our website for historical sake is what I've been doing. Glad to see you all are enjoying the content!
52 Likes: 2fast4u, 55fan, addictedtodirt, agugs12, BrentTFunk, captrat, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cwfan08, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, Eatin Dirt, erich45, fish, FishBurger, Gregg, GYATK94, Hammer, Hotrod24m, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, itsanonwingthing, jim goerge, jjones752, Joe T, Josh Spencer, K92, Ken Bonnema, Kydehart, leftturnonly, luckybuc97, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PJ Wright, Puppy, racegal, rapid robert, rick42, rmcar, scottyCbus, sprint30, STIDA.com, tamati, Task Force, TNRustler, Tony74, TQ29m, wallbanger II, Z-man
55fan (Offline)
  #10 1/21/19 1:42 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
When something is posted on the USAC website, it gets automatically posted here on IOW. It's how the algorithms are set up, or what have you. Not controlled on my end. It's the offseason (for the most part) and staying up til 4am to post this stuff on our website for historical sake is what I've been doing. Glad to see you all are enjoying the content!
Thanks for the clarification. This forum is great. Keep up the good work. I'll leave it at that.