IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Baylands (Offline)
  #71 9/27/18 3:38 AM
Robert has always been vocal often in a non constructive and sometimes unprofessional way. Everyone is hurting from the two very recent Sprint deaths and also Bryan's hitting us all close to home. No competitor should get away with pulling the "killing drivers" card because he stepped on his unit running second. He crossed a line on Social Media mostly because he was frustrated at not getting a handle on Eldora the way it is, which is providing great racing. Watch the race on video, Robert was out of shape several times before he lost it. The way the track is being prepared is racy as it's ever been and the Four Crown proved it.

It's October next week. He'll miss half a dozen races and the Western swing. He will be smarter and faster next year and look forward to seeing him back out. In the mean time, I am fine with him being in the penalty box. He will look back at the suspension years from now and laugh. I don't see it as a reason to miss the best racers without a wing running USAC races.
6 Likes: Big Mike 7, btg1963, Charles Nungester, EBookerFan, mc/rider, mike-chicago
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #72 9/27/18 6:15 AM
Originally Posted by kinser:
USAC: another “non profit organization “ where the president makes almost half a million a year. But they just can’t pay more to the racers.
Hard to get tracks to pay more money when drivers bad mouth tracks when they run poorly. How many Outlaw drivers have you ever heard said a track is trying to kill somebody? Especially days after another fatality? If this was a one time deal, it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Robert has had a bad year, and being a team owner/driver, that's a lot of pressure. If drivers have a problem with a track a way to fix it is as a group to officials and offer a suggestion. I have seen this work. As for improved track conditions last weekend being because of Robert, that is insane. That has been a work in progress since Stewart bought it. They have tried more than just running a sheeps foot over rubbered down track, and many have not been successful.
For those of you who want to use Robert as a martyr, You probably have done more to hurt him than help him.
7 Likes: Big Mike 7, br549, Charles Nungester, mike-chicago, rimrider69, TKRacing, wildman92
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #73 9/27/18 6:18 AM
Originally Posted by Longtime sprinter:
My 2cents, USAC did not suspend Robert on their own. Tony got hot, and pushed his weight around (and money) and most likely wanted it done. What if he tells USAC that he would never schedule another race at his track? He probably has pull at other tracks too, because he schedules his all stars at them, so could really have an effect on USAC scheduling. If Tony wants him suspended, I bet USAC would bend.
If this was just one time nothing would happen. This goes way beyond Eldora. That was the straw that broke the camels back.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, mike-chicago, tirespinner
tamati (Offline)
  #74 9/27/18 6:40 AM
planning on going to gas city and the burg now I will stay home and do yard work. choices I have made thanks usac
4 Likes: jim goerge, NMrace48, oppweld, tmac39
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #75 9/27/18 7:33 AM
Rules are the rules everybody! Social media just like this page have consequences if you bash someone or some sanctioning body. What Robert did has nothing to do with your right of free speech. It has to do with breaking USAC rule which is conducting yourself in a respectful manner on and off the track like a Champion should. Instead of using social media to cause a **** storm. Why not instead just say that stuff to Tony's face in a respectful way. But in the same token I see the other side of it as well If you can't speak your mind what can you do!
Do I like the move they made not really because I think it hurts the sport as well! It's a double edged sword! In my honest opinion I think they just lost a guy who will never race for them again and that's a shame! So really we all lose in the big grand scheme of thing!

#76 9/27/18 7:39 AM
Can Robert go to Kokomo tonight and run the BOSS show? Asking for a friend!
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #77 9/27/18 7:42 AM
Will USAC provide us who the “Key Industry Track Partners” are?
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, jonboat15
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #78 9/27/18 8:09 AM
Chicken ***** move by usac and moreso Stewart if he thru his weight around to get this done especially after his tantrum at the chili bowl and all the stuff he's said about NASCAR.
I figure Ballou is kind of like our president in that he speaks his mind but needs a little polish on his presentation and all he's trying to do is Make Tracks Great Again.
MTGA!!
9 Likes: bighd0522, billw, Cage Faraday, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, duel, jim goerge, sprinter14, tmac39
Nate (Offline)
  #79 9/27/18 8:25 AM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
Can Robert go to Kokomo tonight and run the BOSS show? Asking for a friend!
Originally BOSS said if you've ever qualified for a Smackdown feature on the final night, you're not eligible to run their event.
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
tmac39 (Offline)
  #80 9/27/18 8:28 AM
Originally Posted by kinser:
USAC: another “non profit organization “ where the president makes almost half a million a year. But they just can’t pay more to the racers.
its called a usac payout
Closed Thread