IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oh no KOKOMO!!!
2/14/08, 2:46 AM   #1
Oh no KOKOMO!!!
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

I just wrapped up all my trip stuff for my 3 summer trips and found out that Mt Lawn is running on the Wed. of sprintweek :applaudvery Good)

BUT---Kokomo is not scheduled to run that Sunday (very Bad) as per their schedule. Damn them--:headbang--Maybe, just maybe(please please please) Terre Haute will pick up that Sunday at the end of sprint week???

Does anyone know of a Sunday track running that week?

Aero = :loser: LOL

Later, JERSEY

2/14/08, 2:57 AM   #2
Re: Oh no KOKOMO!!!
Dwight Clock

Midway Speedway in Ohio is supposed to be running traditional sprint cars on Sunday nights this year.

2/14/08, 3:04 AM   #3
Z-man

Will you be driving? The IRL is running at mid ohio that weekend and some track called midway in ohio is going to run wingless sprints on sunday nights. Of course if you are flying this won't help.

2/14/08, 3:11 AM   #4
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Flying, thanks guys. I'll keep looking for something through speedwaysonline.com. I don't care if t a LM race or if its an asph track.
It is still better than work.

Later, JERSEY

PS--- I see where Winchester has a stock car/street stock show. I guess I go there.

2/14/08, 3:27 AM   #5
Z-man

Winchester is running that Sunday http://www.winchesterspeedway.com/

2/14/08, 7:14 AM   #6
Barney

Damnit Kokomo was our sunday night plans also.:headbang:headbang:headbang

2/14/08, 9:34 AM   #7
mikew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
Will you be driving? The IRL is running at mid ohio that weekend and some track called midway in ohio is going to run wingless sprints on sunday nights. Of course if you are flying this won't help.
I did that last year. I drove from Haubstadt to Mid-Ohio and watched the race. Haubstadt let out around 1am EST. Around 4am, I stopped at a rest area on the east side of Indy and slept till 8:30. I got back to Columbus by 11:00. Took a quick shower at home, hopped in the car with the family and got to the track after the race started.

If anyone is planning on doing Haubstadt - Mid-Ohio, I would recommend getting to Mid-Ohio early. We got to the area of the track about 1/2 hour before the race. There was a very long line of cars waiting to park. It took us about an hour to get to through the line into a parking spot. We could have gotten better places to watch the race too.

Google maps says it takes 6 hours to drive if you go through Cincinatti. I had to go back up through Terre Haute because of the people I was with (google maps says it takes 7 hours by that route.)

I don't think I will plan on doing that again this year.

2/14/08, 9:39 AM   #8
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew View Post

Google maps says it takes 6 hours to drive if you go through Cincinatti. I had to go back up through Terre Haute because of the people I was with (google maps says it takes 7 hours by that route.)
The Louiville Cincinatti route is always the way I take home. I have taken them both but I think going through Kentucky is faster

Which ever way you go it is still a long a$$ drive

2/14/08, 10:03 PM   #9
Flags anything

Unfourtunatly THAT wom't be on the ISW schedule this year. As I understand after the screw ups @ Puttucky, No. Vernon & THAT the ppromoters that steped up and salvage ISW last year asked USAC that for this year if there was to be any new track added to ISW they (the promoters) had to all agree to allow that addition. Smart move on their part so that they didn't have to scramble to pick up the peices and USAC kept the promoters happy. THAT will be back on in 09.

2/15/08, 3:44 AM   #10
AlkyMadness

Midwest All Star Series (MASS) still hasn't released their schedule yet, so you might got lucky if they have a show that Sunday night.

Otherwise, maybe Vermilion County will have a special show that Sunday for late models.

If not, you are probably SOL unless you like drag racing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oh no KOKOMO!!!