IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
3/9/24, 8:49 AM   #11
Re: Little 500
okie

I started going to the Little 500 because I was in town for the Indy 500 but now I go to the Indy 500 because I am in town for the Little 500

3/9/24, 11:21 AM   #12
flagboy55

Okie, speaking of the big 500, actually this year because of Kyle’s attempt at winning the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, my son and I are contemplating going to both. So it looks to me like it really doesn’t matter where you sit in Anderson for the race, would that be true?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, PIT CART
3/9/24, 12:18 PM   #13
okie

I have always set in turn 1 but anywhere looks good

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, tirespinner
3/10/24, 4:54 AM   #14
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
Little 500 is one of those races you have to see in person,tv doesn’t do it justice!
100% agree with this.

I have been fortunate enough to attend four little 500's.
It is a more complex race than 'just 500 laps of going round' watching lapped cars move through the field along with effect of pit stops and traffic in the closing 100 laps along with cars, motors, tires, drives being able to survive this punishing endurance race really really doesn't portray on TV.

I used to tune in on Floracing as it's the Little 500, but it never came close to being there, no where near (but in all honesty what racing does? Be there or be square)

Disappointed I won't be able to watch it this year. Sure. Outraged, certainly not.
DirtVision doesn't carry enough to interest me so not worth a subscription even just for the month.
- you pay your money, you make your choice -

Disappointed at losing the 500 tour series as well. Not my goto series, but always nice to watch delayed courage mid-week.

Regarding tickets for the 500 I always brought in advance in reserved seating areas, turns 1 & 2. Great views and less head swiveling.

Hopefully I'll be able to clock up my 5th Little 500 in 2025.
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 3/10/24 at 5:02 AM.

3/10/24, 11:36 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Only sprint car race I've seen someone come from two laps down to win.

3/10/24, 12:37 PM   #16
Hubie48

The Little "500" is one of the greatest races in the WORLD

I have been to Le Mans France for the 24 hour grind. I have seen Tin Top 500's, over 30 open wheel 500's, and nothing compares to the Little 500.

If the Government ever caught wind of it, they would shut it down. It's hard to win and it's frickin' DANGEROUS

3/10/24, 12:47 PM   #17
TQ29m

Everything that has been said and more, not a pavement fan, but have been to this one as a crew member and as an observer, it is "different "

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Stephen Cording
3/10/24, 2:22 PM   #18
snowdrift

Standing in infield on a crew there is nothing else like it when the drop the green 33 cars come alive

3/11/24, 6:37 AM   #19
motorhead748

I think I want to go at least once. But what is kinda holding me back is some years ago, maybe 10-15 they had a race there on January 1, it was a nice enough day for me to ride my motorcycle there even if it was just stock cars. It was highly entertaining and I thought, man I’ve got to come to a sprint car race here it’d be awesome! So in April I think it was they had a sprint car show & I went and was kinda disappointed.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
3/11/24, 12:27 PM   #20
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I think I want to go at least once. But what is kinda holding me back is some years ago, maybe 10-15 they had a race there on January 1, it was a nice enough day for me to ride my motorcycle there even if it was just stock cars. It was highly entertaining and I thought, man I’ve got to come to a sprint car race here it’d be awesome! So in April I think it was they had a sprint car show & I went and was kinda disappointed.
The Little 500 is not a Pavement Sprint Car Sprint Race it's a Pavement Sprint Car Endurance Race. Like what napcar used to be an endurance of man & machine (Test Cricket).
If that doesn't float your boat then you'll mostly likely hate it.

Only one Little 500.

* Little 500 is a lot more entertaining and watchable than napcar

** No stage racing BS or competition cautions either.

*** It's smells fantastic 😁
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 3/11/24 at 5:01 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500