IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints
11/5/23, 12:47 PM   #1
Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints
MMSA

November 5, 2023

KB Promotions LLC Owner, Kevin Bayer, is excited to announce the launch of the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series, the newest traveling, 410 non-wing, sprint car series in the Midwest. This new series aims to provide racers with a platform to compete at prestigious tracks throughout central and southern Indiana/Illinois.

Following the dissolution of the MSCS series, the decision to create a fresh new series was made by the Midwest Thunder team. We take this opportunity to extend our sincere gratitude to the Helfrich family for their unwavering support and for providing us with vital insights as we embark upon this journey.

Although this may be the first year for the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series, it is not the first for this dedicated staff, comprised of a group of individuals with extensive knowledge and experience in the sport of racing. Having successfully managed the Midwest Mini Sprint Association – tabbed as a premier support series by many prestigious sanctioning groups – and having been deeply involved in the racing world for many decades, the team is excited to uphold the rich tradition of 410 sprint car racing in the Midwest.

One of the key highlights of the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series is the increase in the minimum prize money for participating racers. Feature event winners will receive a minimum of $2,500, and an increased amount of $400 will be guaranteed to all those who start the feature race. For those unfortunate racers unable to make the main event, they will receive no less than $150 to help the racer travel up and down the Indiana highways. Kevin was also happy to note that in his discussions with various track managers, many are expressing interest in providing even higher prize amounts for the feature winners. This increased incentive is a testament to the level of competitiveness and excitement that Midwest Thunder aims to bring to the racing circuit.

In the coming months, the Midwest Thunder team will work diligently to finalize and announce the official schedule for the season. Racetracks across the Midwest have eagerly expressed their interest in being a part of this new and exciting series, and they are eager to collaborate with them to deliver an unforgettable racing experience for both the drivers and fans.

As the anticipation builds for the Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series, the team encourages all racing enthusiasts and sponsors to join them in this thrilling journey. Updates will be posted to our new Facebook page, Midwest Thunder 410 Sprint Car Series.

For media inquiries, please contact:
Kevin Bayer, Owner
Midwest Thunder 410s (MT 410s)
Midwest Mini Sprint Association (MMSA)
812-630-3989

11/5/23, 1:26 PM   #2
Crankin

So, um, you couldn’t come up with any other name? A name that has been used since 2015 by the USAC Midwest Thunder midget division.

https://www.usacracing.com/schedule-...hunder-midgets

3 members like this post: brown11b, chtaylor, Stevensville Mike
11/6/23, 11:48 AM   #3
Rpracing1

I guess when You start Your own series you can call it whatever you would like.

Refresh my memory, what is your series called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
So, um, you couldn’t come up with any other name? A name that has been used since 2015 by the USAC Midwest Thunder midget division.

11/6/23, 12:37 PM   #4
dsc1600

Salty on a Monday morning.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, oppweld
11/6/23, 2:22 PM   #5
TQ97

Quote:

Of which that name was taken from the .25 division from about 2010….

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
11/6/23, 2:26 PM   #6
Re: Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints
Gene Franckowiak

Where are the rules posted ? How can one plan to raace in a division unless they post the rules. I realize the schedule takes time to develop but the rules should be available at this point.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
11/6/23, 7:19 PM   #7
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I guess when You start Your own series you can call it whatever you would like.

Refresh my memory, what is your series called?
Oooo, I must say, that's about as imaginative as the name of the series.

11/6/23, 7:55 PM   #8
Vookie

Quote:
Oooo, I must say, that's about as imaginative as the name of the series.
The worst name ever for a racing club ever, WOOM - World of Outlaw Midgets.

2 members like this post: brown11b, oppweld
11/6/23, 11:25 PM   #9
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Lordy. New racing series announced and we’re already ********? About the name?? 🤦🏻*♀️. Who cares what they call it - let’s go racing!!

11/7/23, 8:34 AM   #10
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Lordy. New racing series announced and we’re already ********? About the name?? 🤦🏻*♀️. Who cares what they call it - let’s go racing!!
I totally agree Mr. Wild. I too hate it when someone works hard at something new, and then the big day comes for the announcement. Like clockwork, the next post is written by someone who has never owned a racecar in their life, and is whining about the tire rule within said announcement.

I understand how my initial post could be taken that way, but that was not the intention. I was just pointing out to this person that someone else in the same region has spent many years trying to build that same name, and maybe for some strange reason, this guy didn't know that?
It was not I that stirred things up after that. I mean, I didn't mouth off to TQ. I did not know about what TQ said, aaaand, there is no reason to stir things up over what he wrote. I read his post, I respect his point, and move on.

But, the name does matter Mr. Wild. Midwest Thunder has spent more than 6-7 years building their brand. They went from just another class among 47 other classes at Montpelier, to now being regular opening acts at Sprint Week shows! And now, someone else doing a similar thing, in the same region, wants to use the same name??!!

That would be kind of like some guy named Bob wants to start his own business called Bob's Lil Wieners. Bob builds his business over time from Kokomo to Indianapolis to Bloomington, and beyond. Things are starting to go pretty good for Bob's Lil Wieners.
But from out of the blue, 7 years later, another guy named Bob, from Muncie, wants to start his own business too, and he calls it Bob's Lil Wieners & Warm Buns? Bob has aspirations of going from Muncie to Indianapolis to Terre Haute, and beyond.

Seems like 2nd Bob, out of sheer courtesy, should start with a different name to avoid confusion. And, to maybe not step on the toes of others who have worked hard to build their name to kind of the same audience/participants.

Again, I never intended to start an argument on this announcement. Nobody seemed to have an issue with Sir Charles saying basically the same thing in another post on the same subject? Yet here, Bob stepped on his wiener, and well, ya know........

4 members like this post: RHR, Stevensville Mike, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midwest Thunder 410 Sprints