IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.
4/17/24, 7:51 AM   #31
Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Eldora also held a sprint week race.

4/17/24, 8:23 AM   #32
The Old Coyote

How about Paragon for IMW, ISW & JDC?

3 members like this post: mc/rider, TNRustler, TQ29m
4/17/24, 1:26 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Sprint week and midget week were all about One night, each track. whoever did the best at all wins. I think two nights favors drivers who are better at that certain track for the championship.

Your also looking at a 8k to win 600 to start purse vs normal USAC show. Aproaching a month out from Gas City's first USAC show, you'd think someone could give a answer as too running or not. plans being made, hotels booked etc.

4 members like this post: Indy1808, PIT CART, rapid robert, spicoli
4/17/24, 2:44 PM   #34
Fumanchu

Has anybody who lives close to track gone by to see if there's been any movement?

Really sad about this track being dark always 1 of my favorites when I go back to Indiana.
And yes i'm planning to change my sprint week plans to only the second leg this year.
Between no GS and construction in Kokomo I feel better just to ride out first races at home and pick up last 4 in person.

4/17/24, 2:50 PM   #35
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumanchu View Post
Has anybody who lives close to track gone by to see if there's been any movement?

Really sad about this track being dark always 1 of my favorites when I go back to Indiana.
And yes i'm planning to change my sprint week plans to only the second leg this year.
Between no GS and construction in Kokomo I feel better just to ride out first races at home and pick up last 4 in person.
I've been past the facility at least 10 times since the end of last racing season. I certainly haven't seen any movement what so ever. A friend of mine who lives in Gas City told me in December that it won't open until someone buys it. That being said, with the price tag being what it is, a race track won't be opening up there anytime soon.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: SlingShock, tirespinner
4/17/24, 3:49 PM   #36
jmamcd

What construction in Kokomo?

4/17/24, 4:07 PM   #37
racefan20

They are getting city sewer at the speedway, they will have to dig part of the parking lot to connect to the city system.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.