IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question? Tacky track vs Black Slick track.
4/29/16, 9:18 PM   #11
kidrock

Don't care tacky or slick just muti groove and good racing

4/30/16, 9:50 AM   #12
SDHill89

I think it depends more on the the track. Some tracks are best when they're heavy and fast, some are best when they're slick up to a cushion, some are best when they have a good bottom groove and a good cushion, others are good a different way. I think it's hard to make a blanket statement because dirt tracks vary so much.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/30/16, 11:06 AM   #13
TCR57

I don't care. Adjust the car for the conditions and have fun. No one ever preps a track thinking "how can I screw this up". Those track crews make the best with the tools and conditions they're given. If we don't like it we can choose to go elsewhere for what is most important to us.

On the pro sprint comment- look at the experience level of the winner compared to all others. That family, driver, and crew alone likely has more experience than 3/4 of the field combined. On a sprint car, that is huge. I've WoO races won by half a lap. Are you inferring the class isn't as equal as advertised? The only thing not equal is experience.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, PGAPro
5/1/16, 1:33 PM   #14
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I don't really have a preference. As long as it isn't dusty as hell and the racing is good....👍🏁

5/2/16, 12:21 AM   #15
Re: Question? Tacky track vs Black Slick track.
Blackduce

Mopar Million was awesome racing for 2 days. People came from G.B. and Aus. knowing it was going to be black and slick. Who could ever forget that race. Russ Gamster in Kokomo Honda car put together the week before. 2 laps practice. One lap qual. Then he won the heat. Now 11 laps on the car. And starting front row outside. Led alot of laps. So many great stories from the black slick track. But the real surprise was the top 2 finishers. haha.

Lynn
Last edited by Blackduce; 5/5/16 at 11:52 PM.

5/2/16, 12:25 AM   #16
treecitytornado

Haud Winning was not a surprise! Stevie Smith almost winning in his first Non-Wing start was a surprise.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question? Tacky track vs Black Slick track.