Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bill gardner up date
7/28/14, 8:38 PM   #141
Re: bill gardner up date
dirtlover

Rip

7/28/14, 8:44 PM   #142
sprintsrule

RIP to Bill and his family and his friends. Thoughts and prayers are with all at this time.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Shaw
7/28/14, 8:50 PM   #143
racephoto1

Godspeed Bill. I was fortunate enough to know Bill for quite a while, and he was one of the toughest people I've ever known. He faced his battle with cancer head on , and never gave up. When he knew the end was coming he also faced that unflinchingly. He truly was brave in the face of the inevitable.

He kept us all in check here, and reined us in when it was needed. He was a friend you could count on when the chips were down, and he never met a stranger. He also gave us in open wheel racing a place to call home. It is also a place were we make friends worldwide. To a lot of us here it's our first stop in the morning and the last stop before bedtime. All I can say is I'll miss him , and thanks for what you did for all of us.

To Mrs.G , and all of Bill's friends and family, you have my sympathy. Just know that those of us here will always remember him.

As the old saying goes," We shall not see his like again".

7/28/14, 9:14 PM   #144
Jerry Spencer

Bump, this needs to stay on top. I have no idea how long but out of respect for Bill I am bumping him back on top.

Jerry

4 members like this post: FishBurger, IndyBound, jim goerge, OTSNWR
7/28/14, 9:19 PM   #145
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I only met Bill once, but I "knew" him well through this site. A prince of a guy. My thoughts are with the family.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Jerry Shaw
7/28/14, 9:26 PM   #146
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgrace View Post
I, like many posters was never fortunate enough to meet Bill before his passing and I'm disappointed with myself about that. Here's why - I'm a sprint and midget fanatic from Auckland, New Zealand. Bill's site is without doubt the best of the few windows into the wingless world you Hoosiers are blessed to call your daily lives. It was because of the gossip, banter and reminiscing on this website that I started my annual holidays to coincide with your racing calendar. I'm disappointed because I never made a point of seeking Bill out telling him all this. We say often that no-one is bigger than racing, and now I know that's simply not true - because if Bill wasn't before, he sure is now. Godspeed Bill, gone but certainly not forgotten.

Brett Grace
This is a shining example of how Bill Gardner's work and his creation have effected being a fan of this sport. The community that he built has not only brought so many of us local race fans together and helped us know who one another are, but it has also touched people half way around the World. And inspired them to travel great lengths to be a part of our little slice of the World.

Thanks for that post, Brett.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/28/14, 9:29 PM   #147
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Bump, this needs to stay on top. I have no idea how long but out of respect for Bill I am bumping him back on top.

Jerry
Amen Jerry

Bill had become such a big part of our lives it should stay on top of our normal banter for quite some time to give even the very casual reader the sad news, and allow the regular posters more time to reflect on Bill's life.

Bill Jones

3 members like this post: dirt330, Jerry Shaw, racephoto1
7/28/14, 9:52 PM   #148
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Bill was a amazing man! Inspired a lot of people in our racing world! I cannot come up with enough words to say at this point in time. RIP Bill, From each and everyone of us from Lawrenceburg Speedway!

7/28/14, 9:59 PM   #149
wtvwrocks

Can't even begin to tell you how many conversations Bill and I had either private message or in person over the past few years, he was a rare person who truly "gets" it from all sides; fan, promoter, competitor, official and owner. There are few like him and he could serve as example to so many. I will miss our chats.

7/28/14, 10:02 PM   #150
bojo20

Sad Sad news. Rest in Peace Bill. Thoughts and Prayers to all the family and friends

1 member likes this post: Jerry Shaw
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > bill gardner up date