IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brickyard 400 July 5th 2020...
3/27/19, 1:09 AM   #1
Brickyard 400 July 5th 2020...
jdull99

I know this is Indiana OPEN wheel, and many people hate nascar (too many open-wheelers to count have made more money than many can count, from it tho...lol) but this date change MAY effect some local track scheduling and (most likely) at least the Silver Crown race at IRP?...and that track (where the Brickyard 400 takes place) is a pretty important part of Indiana open wheel racing...lol

https://speedsport.com/nascar/monste...ries-calendar/

…I do wonder what was wrong with the Brickyard in September??? Didn't give that much of a chance...lol

Pocono double-header wknd interesting...but I wish it was a double-header with Indycars instead! (...hope it doesn't rain that wknd...)

I do say, still too many races, but will enjoy what I can take from it (there are less & less drivers I can say I "like") as long as it lasts...ending a week early & the two weeks off in summer, is ok by me...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
3/27/19, 5:45 AM   #2
Re: Brickyard 400 July 5th 2020...
BrentTFunk

Most of the NASCAR changes I thought were good ones. I have concerns with what this could mean for the BC 39. Also USAC now has a really good paying sprint show that weekend at Knoxville. Guess we will see how it works out.

3/27/19, 5:52 AM   #3
PIT CART

I would still rather watch fireworks over NASCAR. If they are doing this to sell more tickets I personally doubt it will work. Glad they recognise it has lost interest to a lot of fans, but not sure if this is the answer. Just my opinion 🏁

8 members like this post: Bostonian, dirt330, fish, jim goerge, LB, racer-x, ROSCO, Speedmax3
3/27/19, 6:31 AM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series 2019 Schedule

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
3/27/19, 7:32 AM   #5
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Going away from Tradition is what got them in the spot they are in now! No Firecracker 400 at Daytona anymore that's just stupid! No more season ending race in sunny south Florida stupid! A doubleheader at Pocono come on really! Race at Michigan then to California and back to Chicago now that's just really dumb and hard on the teams! But heck who really cares I stopped watching Napcar , Nascrap Napjoke years ago! Good Luck with that schedule !

3 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, superstock30
3/27/19, 7:46 AM   #6
cleatziff

I like the schedule change. They are trying something to different to gain some excitement. NASCAR needs a shot in the arm and maybe this will work. I am concerned about how hot it will be at the Brickyard 400 and I’m sad to see the firecracker 400 go away. But, the last race to make the playoffs at Daytona is a great idea. It’s a wild card race where anything can happen. I’m curious to see how the double header works out. But, I love the idea, it is something different. Seems like a lot of NASCAR fans hate two things, 1) the way things are 2) change

3/27/19, 8:53 AM   #7
The Old Coyote

You have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a #$%* about when boring cars have boring demonstrations!

4 members like this post: cornerthree, dirt330, jim goerge, PAW
3/27/19, 10:02 AM   #8
billyb

It's boring because of the TOYOTA, GIBBS, KBM. Running those illegal, CHEATER CARS & NASCRAP Letting it Happen! Seems Toyota has BOUGHT NASCRAP!

3/27/19, 10:32 AM   #9
TommyTipover

Indy and Kentucky are only 6 days apart which may force some fans to choose only 1 of the 2.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, jdull99
3/27/19, 10:43 AM   #10
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatziff View Post
I like the schedule change. They are trying something to different to gain some excitement. NASCAR needs a shot in the arm and maybe this will work. I am concerned about how hot it will be at the Brickyard 400 and I’m sad to see the firecracker 400 go away. But, the last race to make the playoffs at Daytona is a great idea. It’s a wild card race where anything can happen. I’m curious to see how the double header works out. But, I love the idea, it is something different. Seems like a lot of NASCAR fans hate two things, 1) the way things are 2) change
If the people running NASCAR had a legit clue they'd be looking at getting back to more short tracks and way form the boring cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks. Too many tracks that look alike. The biggest buzz the Trucks series gets all year is Eldora, some dirt miles for the Cup and GN cars would be cool to see maybe even a race at Knoxville or Williams Grove.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jdull99, jim goerge, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brickyard 400 July 5th 2020...