IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Sprint Heat
7/16/19, 11:27 PM   #41
Re: Indiana Sprint Heat
dirtinmynachos

Race Count This Year: 30
Race Count Last Year: 26

I was going to come down from Wisconsin for the Plymouth ISW race on Friday. I messaged the track if they could relax their "no coolers" policy to allow us to bring in water, and I was told "Indiana State liquor laws will not allow us to lift the policy".

I bring a cooler full of water bottles to the Indy 500 every May, and I just read online that Bloomington allows coolers. Is there a state law against coolers at race tracks, or is Plymouth misinformed on the law?

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
7/17/19, 9:40 AM   #42
IndianaSprintFan

I’ve always been confused on these “state Laws” as well. Especially when there are tracks like tri state that sell beer and allow you to bring your own. Lawrenceburg allows coolers and sells beer as well, you just can’t bring your own beer in

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, Leroy Jenkins, luckybuc97
7/17/19, 10:26 AM   #43
PAW

I'm going to do this one more time so pay attention! If a track sells the beer and they make the money off of it you cannot bring beer in. If they sell beer at a track and they're not the one selling it like Haubstadt and Terre Haute a beer distributor sells it then you can bring in beer. As far as Plymouth not letting you bring a cooler in that's the track not state law Kokomo same way they won't let you bring nothing in no matter if it's 200 degrees out!

7/17/19, 10:35 AM   #44
flagboy55

Thanks for clearing that up. Just had some questions about that at work, now I can give them an answer. To be honest I don’t really have a problem with no coolers, just don’t try to sell me a bottle of water for 2 bucks

2 members like this post: billw, dkdorkboy
7/17/19, 12:40 PM   #45
Tumey's 55

We know a lot of tracks have trouble surviving. I will gladly pay for refreshments at tracks if that is there policy. I want to see them make money so they continue to host great events like ISW.

7 members like this post: Bill Angel, BrentTFunk, dirt330, spicoli, TNRustler, trackprep, wright59
7/17/19, 1:27 PM   #46
dirtinmynachos

Race Count This Year: 30
Race Count Last Year: 26

I always do what I can to support tracks by buying concessions and souvenirs, but the last two special event dirt track races I went to had mega-long lines at the food stands. If I get heat stroke symptoms, the last thing I need is to stand in a long line. All I was asking of Plymouth was to relax their policy and allow us to bring in water due to the excessive heat. Their response blaming state liquor laws just didn't make sense to me.

I do want to say that someone at Plymouth was quick to reply to two of my emails late last night. They told me that water would be sold for $1 each and that with only one support class, it should be a quick show.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
7/17/19, 3:42 PM   #47
Leroy Jenkins

Guess I will call my work and see if we can start earlier since it's too hot out in mid July

7/17/19, 4:14 PM   #48
IndianaSprintFan

You should try Leroy. My work allowed me. I’m sure they’ll say you shouldn’t need to since ur such a hard ass

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Leroy Jenkins, luckybuc97
7/17/19, 4:29 PM   #49
erich45

Here in AZ, construction work usually starts at first light, finishes noon-2PM, during the summer.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, TNRustler
7/17/19, 5:32 PM   #50
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
Guess I will call my work and see if we can start earlier since it's too hot out in mid July
Many DOT construction project switch to nights in July and August due to the heat.

3 members like this post: erich45, luckybuc97, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Sprint Heat