IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Sprint Heat
7/16/19, 7:31 AM   #31
Therealether

That's how I felt. Mind you, I don't live in IN these days, I live in Florida and out heat index the past few weeks has been over 110. You know what we did? Put on our boots and worked through it lol

7/16/19, 8:07 AM   #32
PJ Wright

I always soak a washcloth, wring it out, put it in a zip lock bag and put it in my cooler. A few times a night I wipe my face and it sure feels good. Like others have said, hydrate in advance.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/16/19, 8:51 AM   #33
Re: Indiana Sprint Heat
gtownplowboy

they have moved hot laps for the first three nights to 7:30 start

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Will Shunk
7/16/19, 9:45 AM   #34
Mrs G
Administrator

Early start time....late start time....one support class...multiple support classes....Here's a thought...how about we celebrate and appreciate the fact that we have the opportunity to see 8 races in 10 days?!? As Bill would say, "Go to a track and enjoy. Try watching the race like you'll never see another one. I promise you will enjoy." I know I will!

7/16/19, 11:34 AM   #35
Leroy Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
you’ve posted in at least two threads on the subject. we hear you, you don’t like it.

Are you on vacation tomorrow though? because it’s after 10pm on a work night and you’re still posting. Thought getting rest before the next work day was paramount to your daily existence or something ?
I gurantee it will be past 10 pm when the races are over

7/16/19, 11:50 AM   #36
gtownplowboy

Well said Mrs.G .. we really dont know how good we have it. If the races are over too late, dont go. If its too hot for you, dont go.But I for one am glad they moved the time up for everyones general health . If you are a warrior that works and lives in this kind of heat, good on ya, but just know that everyone is different and to go or not is a personal choice that each person must make for themselves. At least we have the chance to make that decision. Peace

7/16/19, 12:14 PM   #37
hoosierboy3

I’m on second shift and working the weekends right now. What I would do to be able to attend just one of the sprint week races, no matter the time or temperature

5 members like this post: dirt330, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Mrs G, PJ Wright
7/16/19, 12:55 PM   #38
TQ29m

So? Don't take the chance.

7/16/19, 6:18 PM   #39
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
I gurantee it will be past 10 pm when the races are over
You’re prolly dang near 100% correct there. My take though is that when there’s a special event happening, the american consumer will sacrifice a night (or two) of rest to take part. Sunday/ Monday night Football, concerts, video game releases... etc. IMHO Indiana Sprint Week is on that level +1.

7/16/19, 6:27 PM   #40
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Hoosier race fan the race gods heard ya
I’m sure the good folks that run these tracks and the USAC officials were already working on this well before I said anything. Smart move on their part in my opinion, and I hope everyone that can go has a great time. Good luck to all the drivers and teams, have a safe week and run your ass off.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Sprint Heat