IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac seas
12/7/18, 11:37 AM   #1
Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac seas
Rpracing1

FYI..........From USAC web site...................

RULE CHANGES AND ENFORCEMENTS IMPLEMENTED FOR 2019 USAC SEASON

Speedway, Indiana………Following the USAC National meetings held last week, a handful of changes, enforcements and the like that were discussed with teams and drivers, which will be implemented for the upcoming 2019 racing season.

Cockpit adjustable suspension parts are returning to the USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Cars after a one-year hiatus.

In both the AMSOIL National Sprint Car and Midget divisions, when 36 or more cars are attendance, the field will be split for qualifying. Half the field will fill the lineup for the first two heat races while the other half would make up the lineups for heat races three and four. The rest of the format following the heat races will remain the same.

In all three National series, when there are five laps or less remaining in the feature event, there is now no guaranteed time in the work area.

For the National, CRA and Southwest Sprint divisions, all front axle tether, full containment seat and chassis rules remain the same for 2019.

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, ryan84, tirespinner
12/7/18, 11:43 AM   #2
ryan84

I really like the new qualifying rules.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/7/18, 2:07 PM   #3
reeserx

The return of adjustable shocks, I love it. I like seeing the drivers being able to change with the track conditions midway through a race. DD and stanbrough were/are the best at this. I think we seen some very competitive races this year however if one guy nailed the set up, he was gone with no chance at catching him. I like how these change the game a bit. Should make for more competitive races. Just my opinion!

12/7/18, 8:38 PM   #4
Re: Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im pleased with putting the adjusters back on. What was obvious to me this year was the reduction in ability of non USAC teams to run up front against the crew chiefs they had. Which I believe is exactly opposite of what the intent was.

Im not sure how the qualifying thing works for feature lineup. But I suggested different groups so a late qualifier didn't get put behind the eight ball against early, if a track gave up.

Thought the cage bar rule should cover all three divisions. Im sure in the future chassis manufacturers will include it.

Love USAC brand and in ways Im greatful they don't do big changes too quickly. Did several shows this year and was pleased. Was most impressed how they almost embarrassed the All Stars at the four crown with the quality of racing. Five of six heats in sprints and midgets won from third row. Feature's totally awesome.

Best too all in '19

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider
12/8/18, 2:01 PM   #5
7horse
Banned

Qualifying thing makes no sense, maybe next time they can use English

12/8/18, 6:50 PM   #6
trannyman

Wonder how the split will be determined.I'm guessing that it means the total of cars is split in half.first half qualifies and placed in position of the first two heats.repeat for second half and into remaining heats.meaning,if you're in first half and get a competitive group,you might not transfer to a heat.although,someone with a slower qualifying time in the second half might make the heats because of less competitive group.??guessing.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/8/18, 7:21 PM   #7
treecitytornado

The World of Outlaws have used the split field for Qualifying format for years. Flight A & Flight B. You only qualify against the Drivers in your group and that lines up the Heat Races accordingly.
WoO sets Feature Line-ups by the Dash Finishes. Worked well for years. USAC needs to look into running Dashes.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dusty tracks, jim goerge
12/9/18, 12:01 PM   #8
flagboy55

The USAC format has always been the best, actually it was better before, but still the best going now. The split field won’t change a thing other than giving guys with a late draw a chance to be more competitive with racers on more similar track conditions

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hubie, jim goerge, tirespinner
12/9/18, 7:07 PM   #9
flagboy55

After thinking about this for a bit, I called my dad to see if my memory was correct. Back when we first started going to USAC races religiously, the format was brutal, In a great way for the fans but tough on racers. Only the top 28 qualifiers got to race, the rest went home. I think that’s in part why they produced the best wheelmen of all time. You got to race hard all the time or load it up.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
12/9/18, 7:23 PM   #10
Re: Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
After thinking about this for a bit, I called my dad to see if my memory was correct. Back when we first started going to USAC races religiously, the format was brutal, In a great way for the fans but tough on racers. Only the top 28 qualifiers got to race, the rest went home. I think that’s in part why they produced the best wheelmen of all time. You got to race hard all the time or load it up.

Depends which class in some cases. If there was over 28 then there was a Hooligan race just for the right to start the tail of a heat.

I think USAC still has this, But it starts at over 48

Staab told me he went to Turkey night three or four times and never made the race. It was the top so many qualifiers and that was the race. Everyone else loaded up and watched.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rule changes and enforcements implemented for 2019 usac seas