IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart
10/5/18, 10:32 PM   #41
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby454 View Post
I’m not going to stand here and agree with how tony is handling this. On the other hand Ballou openly lying and bashing Kokomo before he received his letter didn’t help anything. I will never understand how people can be a fan of someone and support them through poor decisions. Quit turning a blind eye to what ballou is doing just so you can attempt to point the finger at tony.
Yet,soo many fans have tried to remain fans of Tony,through all his bad decisions.I finally gave up.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, progressive22, treecitytornado
10/5/18, 10:49 PM   #42
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

[quote=nathans1012;503355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS View Post

Freedom of speech only applies to government and censorship.
Nathan I was being sarcastic. My point was that the same things that got Ballou suspended were now happening with his own fans. I absolutely understand the freedom of speech laws and more importantly how to handle yourself in a respectful manner. I agree with Mrs. G that at this point we are beating a dead horse and it really just needs to end. We all are repeating ourselves and you either understand why it happened and needed too or you don't. I'm ready for Terre Haute!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
10/6/18, 12:26 AM   #43
sprintcarjim

Watching the races tonight on u tube from jacksonville speedway. The top heat finishers drew for their starting spots for the feature. When Stewart came up to draw, he said that it was a narrow racetrack, and kind of hard to pass, he was used to a wider and slick track. He better watch his mouth, or maybe he just might get band from jacksonville. Wouldn't that be something.

6 members like this post: billw, interpreter66, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR, sprinter14, trannyman
10/6/18, 12:43 AM   #44
Re: New low for Tony Stewart

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Heard that but he also said it was a similar track early the last time he was there and the track turned out really good for feature.

10/6/18, 1:09 AM   #45
btg1963

I have read 100s of posts on here talking about Ballou, Stewart, USAC, the ‘Burg, Kokomo, etc. Do you know what I haven’t seen? The real reason Ballou was suspended. I have heard rumors from other tracks not even mentioned so far on any of the posts here on IOW. USAC and Ballou are the only ones that know the truth, and USAC isn’t talking. 99% of you blame Stewart. I believe if Stewart had a beef with Ballou, they would settle it among themselves. Ballou’s comments may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back, but I would bet Eldora, Kokomo, or Lawrenceburg had nothing to do with the real reason. In today’s lawyer driven environment, I would bet USAC needed more than a *** for tat twitter conversation between the parties to suspend him.

10/6/18, 4:50 AM   #46
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

At the MOWA feature race last night on 10/5/18 in Jacksonville, IL Tony Stewart went from 9th to 5th and Robert Ballou went from 15th to 7th. This supports the fact that they are both very good drivers, passing a combined 12 cars on the way to top 10 finishes.

4 members like this post: btg1963, PIT CART, Speedsme61x, SPRINTCAR
10/6/18, 5:32 AM   #47
Hamby454

That’s a bit of a twist of words. As someone else pointed out he also commented on how great the track was come feature time. Furthermore he done it first hand it over social media after the races and tagging the track on Twitter.... some people just won’t get it. This has nothing to do with saying the track sucked. This has to do with calling people out on SOCIAL MEDIA instead of in person 🤦*♂️. Again it is in the rule book that you can’t do this. This is black and white. As far as the severity of the suspension that’s not for me to judge. But the multiple years of doing the same thing and being warned and the fondling of trophy girls probably didn’t help his situation.
Last edited by Hamby454; 10/6/18 at 5:41 AM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
10/6/18, 8:00 AM   #48
Kinser11

I just hope all this ends better, then the usual way Mr.Stewart, deals with people with a different opinion then his.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
10/6/18, 8:37 AM   #49
miledirt

This thread is just really disappointing...wish mods would close it

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, FEATHERDUSTER, fish, hoscalecody
10/6/18, 9:17 AM   #50
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Ballou would smoke Stewart on any track in a non wing sprint car
ok I vote for Winchester

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Crankin, interpreter66, monkeyboy, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart