IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
12/12/13, 5:04 PM   #221
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Phil

The race manual's are on line http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28 I did not check to see if they were up or not.

Honest Dad himself

12/12/13, 5:07 PM   #222
TQ29m

Same goes for Yamaha, anything with a YEC part number is factory racing stuff, and expensive. JMHO, but if it is a problem, I think I'd allow the dry sump system, not make it manditory, but not dis-allow it either. Some guys may be able to do it themselves, and save more money yet, and some may not know that it could be the answer to a load of broken motors, and keep them running the series. Bob

12/13/13, 10:57 AM   #223
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Same goes for Yamaha, anything with a YEC part number is factory racing stuff, and expensive. JMHO, but if it is a problem, I think I'd allow the dry sump system, not make it manditory, but not dis-allow it either. Some guys may be able to do it themselves, and save more money yet, and some may not know that it could be the answer to a load of broken motors, and keep them running the series. Bob
Bob

The "Kawasaki Racing" head gasket is much cheaper than the stock head gasket and they give you a choice of thickness also.

Honest Dad himself

12/13/13, 2:12 PM   #224
TQ29m

I was refering to the "hard parts" like cams, $1800.00 ea, titainium rods, "$unobtainium", but available, not sure the average Joe could buy them, but they are available if you know the right people, and of course, money talks, not very loud, but it does. I know of some right now, from a Yamaha race Team, that are spares, but I don't need, or want them, I don't need them, I've yet had any trouble with what came used in a bike motor. Bob

12/13/13, 2:36 PM   #225
DAD

Bob

The kaw race cam is more like $180.00 but All it is is a stock cam that flunked ISO9000 test.

Honest Dad himself

12/13/13, 4:13 PM   #226
Cadpro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Bob

The kaw race cam is more like $180.00 but All it is is a stock cam that flunked ISO9000 test.

Honest Dad himself
cams can't flunk ISO 9000

12/13/13, 4:23 PM   #227
DAD

Ok----- they was a little too fat in the flanks. Probably worn grinding wheel.

Had Kaw let them go would Kaw have flunked the ISO9000 certification? Them guys that use a software program name for a handle are hard to get over on.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/13/13 at 4:27 PM.

12/13/13, 4:34 PM   #228
Cadpro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Ok----- they was a little too fat in the flanks. Probably worn grinding wheel.

Had Kaw let them go would Kaw have flunked the ISO9000 certification? Them guys that use a software program name for a handle are hard to get over on.

Honest Dad himself
ISO 9000 certification doesn't guaranty 100% quality. We have a >1% reject rate and are still ISO certified.

12/13/13, 4:48 PM   #229
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadpro18 View Post
ISO 9000 certification doesn't guaranty 100% quality. We have a >1% reject rate and are still ISO certified.
When I was doing it Draftsmen set on tall stools and machinist counted numbers on a dial.

I guess it is for the better good but it sure takes a lot of extra people to do a job. But then I never seen a machinist move his hands that fast either.

Honest Dad himself

12/13/13, 5:56 PM   #230
DAD

I was just corresponding with a guy, and he said he was getting rid of his motorcycle engine and switching to an automotive type. He said he races with the "IMRA" Illinois Midget Racing Association. So I go to their website http://imraracing.com/ . They been steeling my ideas all along. They are like that perfect country western song. They add just about enough rules for anyone wanting to race small midget size race cars on the cheap to do so, and enjoy themselves in the process.

A breath of fresh air in a smoke filled room.

I hope they do well, Wish they weren't so far away from us.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/13/13 at 5:57 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting