IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
9/4/08, 2:07 PM   #31
Re: Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
Tony Barhorst

This post is just for a historical background of my working with USAC.

One reason I signed with USAC was to have their 50th Anniversary celebrated and marked in Fort Wayne. As you may well know the last AAA race, and the first USAC race ever was an indoor event in Fort Wayne. I have brought in guys like Gary Bettenhausen and Tom Bigelow to celebrate USAC's storied history. I was pro USAC 24/7.

I have been pro USAC all along. That being said...times change, situations change and we move forward. Thats racing...things change fast.

The USAC of today is not the one I signed on with. I was really living in the past.
I now look to the future.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com

9/4/08, 7:59 PM   #32
Re: Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
This post is just for a historical background of my working with USAC.

One reason I signed with USAC was to have their 50th Anniversary celebrated and marked in Fort Wayne. As you may well know the last AAA race, and the first USAC race ever was an indoor event in Fort Wayne. I have brought in guys like Gary Bettenhausen and Tom Bigelow to celebrate USAC's storied history. I was pro USAC 24/7.

I have been pro USAC all along. That being said...times change, situations change and we move forward. Thats racing...things change fast.

The USAC of today is not the one I signed on with. I was really living in the past.
I now look to the future.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
rumbleseries.com
I couldn't agree with you more Tony. USAC has changed alot and none of it has been for the good. USAC use to be the premiere openwheel series in America, now it is only mentioned when people talk about Stewart or maybe Newman. Outside of that no one takes USAC seriously as a major sanctioning body.

It's sad to see what they have become.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble Series Drops USAC Sanction