IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprints on Asphalt?
7/4/14, 4:02 PM   #11
snoopy

Look at the rumble. Fun race gone crazy. Now its 2 classes of cars. You must have rules.

7/4/14, 7:44 PM   #12
sprintracer82

The reason for two classes at rumble is because too many people can't figure indoor racing out. So they blame the "custom " made cars that are just junked over dirt cars. My dirt car was just as fast as the custom built cars but the box stock straight off the bike engine wasn't enough power.

7/4/14, 8:05 PM   #13
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. 122 View Post
What about the rumble at Fort Wayne? People ran it and loved it! Would be cool to try. Just have some rules dirt tires only... Bring out the tires that have been feathered to be look alike drag slicks
New use for old burnt tires = low costs for a while.

Nice part is the size of Shadybowl Speedway. 3/10ths so we aren't at IndyCar speeds. Most the newer lighting sprints are the same as midgets so the cages should be ok. That YouTube video is from a way bigger track from what I could see. That was a very hard lick and unfortunate it happened. Never like to see anyone hurt.
Last edited by PatrickMead#13; 7/4/14 at 8:11 PM.

7/7/14, 8:38 AM   #14
SteveB31

The Rocky Mountain Mini Sprint Association ran pavement non wing lightning sprints for years. Started at 600cc, later to 1000 cc on 3/8 asphault track and a couple 1/4 without wings. Costs ended that. Dirt waaaaaaay cheaper. Cars were fast.

7/7/14, 1:27 PM   #15
Re: Lightning Sprints on Asphalt?
Team96

We haven't figured out a slicked off dirt track as of yet.....can't say as we'd try asphalt until we get dirt figured out.

7/7/14, 1:50 PM   #16
bowbuild

We run on pavement every weekend. Then we get to the race track unload and race.

1 member likes this post: jjones752
7/7/14, 1:56 PM   #17
sprint18

I would be willing to find info on pricing and availability on tires similar to the dwarf tires and the ones run on the sportsman class that ran them at Grundy . Let me know if I can help. Thanks
Travis Welpott
617 4674

7/9/14, 12:33 PM   #18
sday27

i hope you keep going on this , would like to see this get enough subport to run this and maybe to a series , run stock 1000s and the tires they run at grundy,

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13
7/9/14, 11:11 PM   #19
PatrickMead#13

I'm not sure if they have a Goodyear contract at the bowl still but the tires back then held up and weren't to horrible on the pocket book either. If it just a "see what happens" race, maybe get in touch with the OVDCA and see about getting some scuffs from some the guys. Just a thought..😉

7/13/14, 10:32 PM   #20
minisprint47

Have not even had my car out of the garage this year...The state of mini sprints in Ohio is horrible hope somebody does something before I decide to sell out and get something I can race anywhere instead of just one track in ohio plus I like non wing.....But anyway gonna try to take my car to shady bowl in the next couple weeks on test n tune day and see if non wing vs wing is easier on tires and change up some shocks and stuff..might have two other guys bring there cars too so at least we can get a base line set-up for everybody to run off of......If we can take a set of dirt tires and see how many laps we can get out of them just so everybody has an idea...and we can see how many laps we can run ect.......

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprints on Asphalt?