IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #1 5/29/14 10:16 PM
I'm planning my first trip to Lawrenceburg for midget week and wondered about the best route from Indy. Is it best to take I74 all the way to highway 1, or is there a better route? Any estimates on driving time from the airport in Indy? Thanks.

Bob Nikkel
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 5/29/14 10:20 PM
74 to 1 to fifty west, by far the fastest. 74 to 275 south to fifty west is all highway though.

Charles Nungester
racer5c (Offline)
  #3 5/29/14 10:37 PM
74-1 is by far a prettier drive too
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #4 5/29/14 11:08 PM
Parachute in.
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #5 5/29/14 11:16 PM
Follow Johnny on route 84.
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, Drtchsr, jjones752, mc/rider, minispeed, Mud Packer, smith19
rachasin (Offline)
  #6 5/29/14 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan:
I'm planning my first trip to Lawrenceburg for midget week and wondered about the best route from Indy. Is it best to take I74 all the way to highway 1, or is there a better route? Any estimates on driving time from the airport in Indy? Thanks.
Bob are u going to Illinois Midget week?
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #7 5/30/14 8:48 AM
Originally Posted by rachasin:
Bob are u going to Illinois Midget week?
Not this year, Robert. I can only justify doing one more Indiana trip this year. After much hand-wringing we opted for the Indiana version. The main reason is the midget-sprint double header. Maybe next year I'll do Illinois.

Bob Nikkel
rachasin (Offline)
  #8 5/30/14 8:59 AM
Not this year, Robert. I can only justify doing one more Indiana trip this year. After much hand-wringing we opted for the Indiana version. The main reason is the midget-sprint double header. Maybe next year I'll do Illinois.
Hope to do both this yr so I'll see u at Gas City !
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #9 5/30/14 9:07 AM
Any estimates on driving time from the airport in Indy? Thanks.
Take ya about an hour if you drive 100 miles an hr.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 5/30/14 10:12 AM
I've made it from LBurg Track to Lincoln Park in two hours flat with a Rest Area stop doing the 74 to Indiana 1 route. Tha airport is probably 40 miles closer. so a hour and a half is a reasonable est without a big hurry.

Charles Nungester