IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt roll call
9/28/14, 12:35 AM   #31
The Fanthom

Race Count This Year: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Mod feature finish Trent Young Levi K McDowell Fair Beck. Great race for the lead that went nearly the whole race.
No knock on you, but Beck the elder was third.

9/28/14, 12:43 AM   #32
illinisprintfan

Oops. With both the Beck cars being painted similar, I must have got them mixed and thought Dave was a lap car. Truthfully I was watching the battle for the lead mostly. Thanks for clearing that up.
Last edited by illinisprintfan; 9/28/14 at 12:50 AM.

9/28/14, 1:02 AM   #33
Re: Haubstadt roll call
jim goerge

With Kyle"s win that made him the 2014 MSCS Champ Job well done 3c team

9/28/14, 1:09 AM   #34
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Pleasant evening at the track; car count was a little on the light side, but the racing was good. Congrats to Kyle Cummins on the win and championship. Illinisprintfan, you did a good job providing updates! Randy Korte won the late model feature and announced that he was retiring at the end of this season. He also said that TSS had always been his favorite track.

4 members like this post: Flatrightrear, jim goerge, mc/rider, SisterToThe3c
9/28/14, 4:51 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
16 sprints 10 late models 23 mods. What a joke. 22 dollars to get in. I know Jim and Jason that work for mscs and this isn't a shot at them at all. They work their butt off, but the whole mscs series AND lawrenceburg staff which I have the out most respect for Dave Rudisell need to sit down and get things out on the table and work something out. No reason why things can't be like they have in the past. Give the race fans what they want a 2day show with over 70 cars in the pits both nights and a nice fall evening. Was my favorite event of the year the fall nationals let's quit this damn pissing match blaming each other and enjoy some racing. Where ever you ended up tonight have a safe trip home and a great weekend!
In a way I get this post, In another way, I don't get it at all. Who's got the Pissing match going? I don't see one, unless its fans doing it.

If anything I think I see MSCS being what it was started to be, A Regional series for cars to run for decent money and adding to other tracks shows in the REGION. I think of Regional being within 150 miles of its base. In this case Haubstadt. They are running in their area and teams that can run it are. I can think of about five or six cars that run a lot of MSCS that are down for the count. Wismiller and Briscoe are a couple.

If anything, I see LPS's double features putting more of a hurt on the count you guys got. 20 cars were already assured a starting spot at LPS simply by returning.

Also Several Cars and fans had Sprint Week Pit passes that were good at LBurg.

16 cars isn't bad, It isn't great but I've seen good shows. The last time I was at Tri State they only had 16 and put on a good show and I think they only had 8-9 mods as the other class.

It is what it is, Unless there's a MSCS/BOSS Royal Rumble or something, I don't know what to think.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ronmil
9/28/14, 6:27 PM   #36
treecitytornado

Charles hit on a good point! MSCS started out to be an alternative to running with the big high dollar teams and still run for a good payout and that is exactly what last night was! Great show! Fun place to race! Good people that appreciate you being there to support their organization! I have never heard as many thank yous for coming to race as I did last night and that means something!
Thanks to Eldon, Jason, Jim, Tommy, and the rest of the MSCS crew!
On a side note, 26 cars were locked in at Putnamville, but Short, Farney, etc. came to Haubstadt. Bland stayed at Putnamville, but he was on the pole for the make-up Main.

J.T. Stapp

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/29/14, 12:16 AM   #37
Flatrightrear

It was a good night of racing with some great racing in the heats and mod feature. Anybody complaining - WOW - how do you react to a real problem?

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, rclaridge
9/30/14, 7:54 PM   #38
racin jason

There have been a lot of good points made in this thread. I would like to add some insight.

Tickets prices are set before each track opens their doors for the first race of the season. No track or promoter can guarentee how many cars in each will show up each night. A night with a low car count may make people upset and feel they are over charged but has anyone ever walked up to a promoter after a race and said "Wow, I can't believe you had 40 cars and the guy that started 18th just one! I got more than my $20 worth and I want to give you an extra $10 for that race!!"

Unfortunately I believe the days of 70+ cars are a thing of the past. There has been some decent counts at various tracks here in Indiana but not 70.

The Fall Nationals at Lawrenceburg started out as an All Star winged sprint show. When Tom and Loris bought the MSCS they were asked by then promoter Tom Wick to sanction the race. It was successful and brought 70 cars. Then promoters changed. USAC came in to promote the Friday night before the Fall Nationals. This didn't seem to work so the promoter then decided to have USAC & MSCS co-sanction the Saturday night event turning it into a one day event. After a year or so of co-sanctioning the event, it was decided by MSCS that USAC really didn't need our help with this race as they were doing a good job of getting cars without us being involved. There are definitely no hard feelings between USAC and the MSCS.

We are still what was originally intended for the MSCS series- Proud supporters of non wing racing here in Indiana.

Jason Adams
MSCS Tour Director & Series Announcer

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt roll call