IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
12/11/21, 5:57 PM   #21
kinser

Rumor at PRI was that there is only one conflicting date with USAC. For now……. I thought it was pretty interesting there was no one working at the USAC booth and one of the vendors we deal with said no one had been there all day.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, bighd0522, chrismattlin
12/11/21, 6:09 PM   #22
Re: World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hearing this news and reading the press release article makes me wonder one thing. Other then Volusia & I-55 what other tracks did they schedule races at for both the Sprints and Midgets?

12/11/21, 6:31 PM   #23
BrentTFunk

Besides the cooperation quote of the press release, the part I found interesting was that the events would run with current late model and sprint shows. The Outlaws run a lot of half miles and those races traditionally not drawn well for non wing cars. Neither the Outlaws or their Late Model group are super active in this area, so I don't know about shows around here. I don't see Haubstadt using them with the Outlaws, when they own the MSCS. Not sure about Lawrenceburg. Guess we will have to see. USAC is paying more than they ever have, and are coming off a good year. Yes, they will miss Levi, but I felt the same way when Jason McCord left.

12/11/21, 7:18 PM   #24
Kinser11

I think, many will be surprised when the scheduled is made public. A few surprise on in.
We will find out if USAC, has their panties in a knot. If they are paying any appearance money for Ocala, will they have stipulations on not running Volusia Speedway Park.

12/11/21, 7:23 PM   #25
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
I think, many will be surprised when the scheduled is made public. A few surprise on in.
We will find out if USAC, has their panties in a knot. If they are paying any appearance money for Ocala, will they have stipulations on not running Volusia Speedway Park.
Sounds like you know more about the this and the schedules for both series then you are telling us.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
12/11/21, 7:30 PM   #26
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Besides the cooperation quote of the press release, the part I found interesting was that the events would run with current late model and sprint shows.
Track conditions that winged sprints & late models like are not conducive to non wingers, unless it's a momentum track like Eldora. There will be no cushion to lean on, no passing & they'll creep around the track hugging the bottom. This is why I don't support "Eastern Storm" tracks that have winged sprints on the card with them.

12/11/21, 8:00 PM   #27
Stevensville Mike

Man.... this reminds me of the WoO Gumout Series wherein they pretty much hammered the All Star Sprints and poached them. I hope all involved can respect each other's interests and schedules. If that happens it will be win-win.

For now.

At least we have something to talk about over the Winter!

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, PIT CART
12/11/21, 11:00 PM   #28
revjimk

Wow. I was goofing on the original poster but I guess its real
This is the big question: "Working in conjunction with POWRi and USAC to the extent possible"????
So will USAC let its teams run with this sanction??? Will there be competing dates? Where will the cars come from???
VERY interesting development, & a shocker for me.....

12/12/21, 12:37 AM   #29
cornerthree

Exactly ****** rubberd up tracks after the wings use it up. This won't help grow the fan base when they play follow the leader. And I bet they use straight up starts all night. THAT SUCKS!!

12/12/21, 2:52 AM   #30
ThrowbackRacingTeam

They should make these points races for the full WoO series like it was in the early days. That would be something. As it is, it will be tough for them to draw cars and track conditions could be an issue but I certainly don’t think it will have much affect on USAC.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Of Outlaws Non Wing 2022