IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSR racing
3/10/11, 2:17 AM   #1
TSR racing
9racing

I am not by any means trying to start a fight.. But did anyone notice how TSR chose to put Clauson in the pavement sprint car, for the Bristol deal about to go down.. I figured Levi would been in the seat.. Either way, I think Clauson is more suited for the job.. Just curious to see what the idea was..

3/10/11, 11:38 AM   #2
Re: TSR racing
Tony Stewart Racing

To clear up any misconceptions regarding next weekend's event at Bristol Motor Speedway, Tony Stewart Racing (TSR) asked Bryan Clauson to participate due to the fact that Levi Jones has other obligations and cannot attend. There wasn't a question of which driver is better 'suited' to participate, the simple fact is that Levi Jones competes for TSR in both the USAC National Sprint Car & Silver Crown Series and is the team's Sprint Car series representative. Clauson competes for TSR in the USAC Silver Crown Series as a teammate to Jones. He competes for another entity in the USAC National Sprint & Midget Car Series. Both Clauson and Jones are championship-caliber drivers and we're proud to have them as part of our organzation.

Had he not had other obligations, Jones would be in the car for the event. We appreciate Bryan's willingness to attend and participate without any seat time in the car. We're confident that he'll represent our corporate partners, USAC Racing and TSR exceptionally well. TSR is also proud to have the opportunity to present the USAC Series and open-wheel racing to another potential group of race fans as well as put the team's name in the record books at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Last edited by Tony Stewart Racing; 3/10/11 at 12:35 PM.

3/10/11, 11:47 AM   #3
kstudley57

Levi is always at the top of the charts but for this event BC might have a little more chance given his laps around BMS in a nationwide car. If memory serves, I remember a purple memorex ganassi car being pretty good down there until a late race crash. Levi, Clauson, Coons Jr, or even spridge... Don't care who it is behind the wheel just wanna see what it looks like with a 410 throwing sparks off the frame rails getting into turn one with 50,000 drunk hillbillies cheering him on.
Posted via Mobile Device

3/10/11, 4:08 PM   #4
TSR Racing!!......410 Record at Bristol!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Agree with the 'Stud'....not takin' away from Levi's Talents/Chamionships,but on Pavement,not quite there yet!!...If ur goin for a Win or a record seeking time by a "410"....lets go with the BEST Teamate opportunity available!!...that hasta be "BC"...JMO, thats all....

3/10/11, 5:09 PM   #5
mortboyz

You gotta admit though, it'd be a helluva lot more fun to watch BOB Clauson attempt the record......:2:

3/10/11, 5:17 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

They can't go wrong with Clauson as their choice. I don't care what he's driving, he's gonna get the best out of it. No matter what kind of race car. No matter what surface type. But, it's also a shame that they're doing a project like this and the reining king of USAC pavement speed isn't available, because he's recovering from a terrible crash at Terre Haute. Of course I'm talking about "The Real Deal" Shane Hmiel.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3/10/11, 9:42 PM   #7
BillyG

Heck why not just invite another 19 usac sprint teams down and show the napcar fans some real racing
Last edited by BillyG; 3/10/11 at 9:44 PM.

3/10/11, 11:15 PM   #8
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stewart Racing View Post
To clear up any misconceptions regarding next weekend's event at Bristol Motor Speedway, Tony Stewart Racing (TSR) asked Bryan Clauson to participate due to the fact that Levi Jones has other obligations and cannot attend. There wasn't a question of which driver is better 'suited' to participate, the simple fact is that Levi Jones competes for TSR in both the USAC National Sprint Car & Silver Crown Series and is the team's Sprint Car series representative. Clauson competes for TSR in the USAC Silver Crown Series as a teammate to Jones. He competes for another entity in the USAC National Sprint & Midget Car Series. Both Clauson and Jones are championship-caliber drivers and we're proud to have them as part of our organzation.

Had he not had other obligations, Jones would be in the car for the event. We appreciate Bryan's willingness to attend and participate without any seat time in the car. We're confident that he'll represent our corporate partners, USAC Racing and TSR exceptionally well. TSR is also proud to have the opportunity to present the USAC Series and open-wheel racing to another potential group of race fans as well as put the team's name in the record books at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Thanks for clearing that up!! gotta love getting the answer right out of the horses mouth.. thanks for clearing that up.. I think Bc, definitely is the guy for that job out of the 2..

3/10/11, 11:51 PM   #9
I Miss Manzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Heck why not just invite another 19 usac sprint teams down and show the napcar fans some real racing
Why bother? They'd never understand it!

5 members like this post: IndyBound, JCC, jim goerge, speed bump, SprintManDave
3/11/11, 7:40 AM   #10
speed bump

They wouldnt understand what was happening if someone
actually passed another car on the track....there so used to a pass happening on pit road.....but not on the actual race track

3 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSR racing