IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What are you thankful for?
11/24/09, 7:55 PM   #1
What are you thankful for?
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I was wondering just what everyone was thankful for. This is a time of year to reflect on the things that we so often take for granted. Here are a few of mine.

Thank you for Bill Gardner and his wonderful IOW board that has allowed me to meet many race fans that I would have never met otherwise. IOW is THE place for auto racing news, results, schedules, etc. It allows me to hear from knowledgeable race fans, drivers, car owners, promoters, who offer insight into the state of auto racing. It also provides a place for everyone to discuss topics and hash and rehash things over and over. I don't always agree, but I try to respect others opinions.

Thank you for our men and women who are bravely serving our country so that I can be free to enjoy the wonderful things that this great country has to offer. Please remember them with me this year as they are away from their families this holiday season. Say a prayer or two for their safety. They risk their lives everyday so we can remain free.

This year I am especially thankful for my grandson Andrew. As many of you know, the past couple of years have been really difficult in his fight with the big C. The good Lord has answered many of our prayers. I appreciate all of the medical team that in anyway treated him over the past couple of years. I also owe so many of you a huge thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, encouragement and notes during his illness. Here is hoping that we all can look back and find something to be thankful for.

Now, what is it that you are thankful for?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: Ovalmeister, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
11/24/09, 8:32 PM   #2
Re: What are you thankful for?
terrehautian

This might be a while...

I am thankful for friends and family. Without family, who knows where I would be. Without all my friends, again, who knows where I would be.

I am thankful for all the new friends here on IOW. I wasn't even halfway interested in racing before the year before last. The only part of me who was interested was the fact I wanted the Action Track to continue.

I am thankful to Mike King, without Mike, the Action Track would probably need to be mowed in summer instead of prepped.

I am thankful for two good jobs. One really good one and one descent one. Some people are worried about their jobs, I (at this point) not so much.

I am thankful for having a nice home, two cars, and tons of things. In fact, I probably have more then I need. If you want to see what you have, take a trip down to New Orleans. Everyone is rich, no matter how little money you have. Some people don't even have liveable homes to live in and live in trailers.

I am thankful to all my new friends I met when I went down to New Orleans. The eight people from my church and the 34 others from all over the USA. Ms. Helen and Ms. Joan, both of which live and have homes in New Orleans. Ms. Helen now has a home to live in and Ms. Joan will by this time next year (she lives in a FEMA trailer behind her home right now). Again, if you want to see how much you have, despite how little you think. Take a trip down to New Orleans and visit the eight and ninth ward.

My group..Ms. Helen is on the bottom row and Ms. Joan is in the middle.

Ms. Helen and her home.

I have so much to be thankful for, probably missing a few.

EDIT: And thankful for my churches. I go to two wonderful churches, when you don't even think about what you will be doing on Sunday and you look forward to goign to church, life is good.
Last edited by terrehautian; 11/24/09 at 8:44 PM.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
11/24/09, 8:35 PM   #3
pletchfan

Wow, I could write a book here!! I am thankful for SO many things. The most important thing in my life that I am thankful for is my faith and my trust in God. Without that nothing in life matters. If you have a relationship where you walk hand in hand with God daily everything else falls into place where it belongs eventually. We all have ups and downs and battles to fight but they are so much easier with God's help. God bless all of our friends from racing and on this message board. Many of you are treasured friends who we have known for sometime and others are people we talk to on this board. I am thankful that God is still God and that he hears and answers prayer. Many of you right now are on our prayer list. God bless all of you on this beautiful time for Thanksgiving.

11/24/09, 8:56 PM   #4
BillyG

I am most thankful that my week old little baby boy is perfectly healthy
and doing great.
:2:

11/24/09, 10:41 PM   #5
dirtywhiteboy

I am thankful for friends like Katie Olson, Amanda Olson, Tonya Powell, James Coolbaugh, sprntr, and Bronco Billy who have been the best friends anyone can ask for. This year has been yet another tough one and people like these are invaluable.

11/24/09, 10:55 PM   #6
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I was wondering just what everyone was thankful for. This is a time of year to reflect on the things that we so often take for granted. Here are a few of mine.

Thank you for Bill Gardner and his wonderful IOW board that has allowed me to meet many race fans that I would have never met otherwise. IOW is THE place for auto racing news, results, schedules, etc. It allows me to hear from knowledgeable race fans, drivers, car owners, promoters, who offer insight into the state of auto racing. It also provides a place for everyone to discuss topics and hash and rehash things over and over. I don't always agree, but I try to respect others opinions.

Thank you for our men and women who are bravely serving our country so that I can be free to enjoy the wonderful things that this great country has to offer. Please remember them with me this year as they are away from their families this holiday season. Say a prayer or two for their safety. They risk their lives everyday so we can remain free.

This year I am especially thankful for my grandson Andrew. As many of you know, the past couple of years have been really difficult in his fight with the big C. The good Lord has answered many of our prayers. I appreciate all of the medical team that in anyway treated him over the past couple of years. I also owe so many of you a huge thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, encouragement and notes during his illness. Here is hoping that we all can look back and find something to be thankful for.

Now, what is it that you are thankful for?
To have a JOB.

11/24/09, 11:56 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
To have a JOB.
Amen

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

11/25/09, 12:06 AM   #8
jeffnanny

I like this time of year. I seem to always want a lot throughout the year. Although I have everything I need i seem to always find myself still wanting more..

But Thanksgiving is special cause I can sit and be with everyone and enjoy everything i am thankful for.

All these things include GOD, my family, my g/f, my 2 awesome kids, and a job to support and help all these things i have in my life.

Hope Everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving

11/25/09, 2:01 AM   #9
Dave Argabright

I'm thankful for my good health.

I'm thankful for my loving family, and the fact that our home is warm and we have enough to eat.

I'm thankful for the countless friends who have enriched my life beyond measure.

I'm thankful that I'm allowed to write.

I'm thankful for magazines like Sprint Car & Midget, NSSN, and others that allow me to submit my work to them.

I'm thankful for the readers who make it all work.

Most of all, I'm thankful for my faith in God, and my freedom to express it.

1 member likes this post: Amatiforever
11/25/09, 2:36 AM   #10
newman1957

Trust me... with this being two weeks to the day since donating a kidney to a friend of mine, I'm thankful to start having an appetite again. I couldn't imagine not feeling like eating on Thanksgiving.

Oh Yeah.... not to mention my buddy is feeling better than ever and doing great.

4 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, PJ Wright, pletchfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What are you thankful for?