IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora PPV
9/25/17, 7:52 AM   #1
Eldora PPV
ossuks

Purchased the PPV off the Eldora web site Saturday ...
1) Must use HD cameras because the video quality was outstanding!
2) Multiple cameras and split screens keeping up with all the action was fantastic!!
3) None of the buffing issues you get with most internet PPV'S. The quality was not because of my PC, I used a Chrome Book!!
4) Very good commentators.

Side Note: As I said last week, Eldora is a different animal than most tracks.I for one thought the racing was great. The Midget Feature was not the best but the rest of the races including the heats were very entertaining. I for one thought Silver Crown quals. were worth the $30. Sliding those Big Cars inches from the wall at those speeds was what I like about Eldora. I like Eldora when the track slicks off and you run the fence. You do not get this at other tracks. If you want cushions and hammer down don't go. We all like what we like.

* Adding water through the night was not the answer...Once a track takes rubber the water just sets on top of it, by the time the track is rolled in you have gained nothing...to rip it up deep enough and then water it, roll it in, ect is no less than 60 minutes and as much as 90. Then you have a one lane surface for the next set of races.

9/25/17, 8:21 AM   #2
Re: Eldora PPV
Backitin

Yep watering the track once rubber is laid down doesn't help a lot. What helps a dirt track is all the prep during the week. By the time race night comes the track should have enuff moisture to hopefully come up once the sun sets on race night. Most dusty crappy tracks are the result of not taking proper care during the week. The raciest track I ever saw was in the process of being ripped up deep for the next race night while the pits were still full from the current nights racing.
Never been to Eldora but from what I've read, seen and been told it can be way better with a little effort from the owner and crew.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Jbaldwin
9/25/17, 10:02 AM   #3
Crankin

Best $30 i ever spent. Excellent broadcast! Thanks for doing it for folks that can't make it.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
9/25/17, 10:32 PM   #4
JDFAST

I was surprised how good the quality of PPV was in almost aspect.

It probably ruined all other broadcasts. I used to think Chilli Bowl and Knoxville were a cut above, but there's a new cut now.

The racing entertained all afternoon and night. I would think for the average fan with a family, it ran too long, maybe start the races earlier, hell maybe do what they used to do at Turkey Night, the top 12 in qual go to main, the rest run a last qualifiers race. Brutal format, but .... it's the same for everyone.

But definitely will buy Eldora PPV in the future

2 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, oppweld
9/26/17, 7:16 PM   #5
flagboy55

Speaking of the chili bowl ppv, we bought it and had a watch party. If it hadn't been for my son's who are more tech savy than their father, I don't know how much of it we would have saw. Seems that they were constantly changing or searching or refreshing the feed. Now I'm sure that the 4 crown only has a fraction of the viewers that the chili bowl has, but your praise of the Eldora broadcast has me hopeful that all ppv's will soon be as reliable and clear as the product you saw. Frankly, the horror stories of some shows keep me from the purchase

9/28/17, 9:55 AM   #6
Tracy Turner

I was very impressed with the PPV coverage from Eldora. I enjoyed it very much, and thought all aspects from the connection reliability, sound, camera angles, and commentators made it very enjoyable. We bought the PPV coverage of the final night of Smackdown from Speedshift TV and it was so good I was worried about being disappointed with coverage from anyone else, but was pleasantly surprised. Racing PPV has come a long way thankfully. My first was the little 500 by 51 Sports a few years ago and after that I thought I would never do it again. It was like watching a televised high school football game with high school commentators and sound equipment.

9/28/17, 11:32 AM   #7
interpreter66

Who was doing the announcing?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora PPV