IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora racing surface?
9/24/17, 4:26 PM   #11
Re: Eldora racing surface?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Where did I say the racing sucked? Blah blah, now ya just make stuff up to take a shot.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/24/17, 5:08 PM   #12
RichH

No need to get into personal insults.
The track Saturday was disgraceful....huge bellowing clouds of dust( I'm still coughing it out) and medicore racing.

9/24/17, 5:39 PM   #13
bmemmer

Not bashing. He always complains about Eldora surface but keeps going back and then complain afterwards.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/24/17, 5:54 PM   #14
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
Not bashing. He always complains about Eldora surface but keeps going back and then complain afterwards.
I didn't see where he complained. He called it what it was and said he enjoyed himself.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirteater, flagboy55, PIT CART, tirespinner
9/24/17, 5:59 PM   #15
Can26

It was a great weekend. I saw race cars. It didn't rain. It didn't snow, and I wasn't at work. See, Damn near a perfect weekend!

9/24/17, 6:05 PM   #16
Sprintcarfanatic

That's why the previous post hit the nail on the head about being insane & expecting a different result. Insane on Chuck. I guess Ballou is also. I opted to stop just shy of St. Mary's to go to a little girls benefit. Maybe I'm getting my sanity back.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
9/24/17, 6:17 PM   #17
RichH

I suppose we sprint car fanatics are a bit insane. I've sworm off E more times tham I can count , yet keep going back, allbeit less often, in hopes seeing a race like " the good ole days". Then, I get home with the sunrise, covered with dirt and kick myself.

9/24/17, 6:17 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not true, If you find the thread from a Eldora-USAC special they ran honoring the relationships 50th or 60th anniversary race, I heaped nothing but praise on a track that on a 90* day never took rubber, no dust. Ballou and Stockon from the tail of the A to top four until Ballou broke. It was a great night.

I guess telling the truth is taboo and if someone don't agree, ya just hurl insults.
It's ok, Rich H been going to races at eldora and elsewhere long before I was born.

I guess giving a track, second, third, and 15th chances to impress you like the place did for 15 years straight is wrong. I didn't miss many big shows from 87- to about 2004, winged or non winged.

I guess expecting the "Worlds Greatest Dirt Track" to live up to it's name, not just in racing but racing surface etc is asking too much. As it's been in my experience I've seen about 2 great tracks in about 15 visits under Smoke. Not saying there haven't been a lot of good surface races, just saying of the races I've attended.

Not bashing BOOS in any way, the marketing, presentation everything there is top notch. And yet all this equipment sits once the green flag drops and not a finger's lifted to try to improve it.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/24/17 at 6:27 PM.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, mc/rider, motorhead748, RichH, sc17x
9/24/17, 6:35 PM   #19
bmemmer

Charles I'm talking about other threads other years that you said You wouldn't go back unless something changed. The biggest beef with ya is saying it was so dusty that you couldn't see cars on the track. Ya I'm sure if you was sitting in turn 1 that might be the case but then move because there was other parts of the track you could see every thing.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/24/17, 6:42 PM   #20
rr826mh

More water throughout may have helped. Was hoping they would re work before features. They used to diligently water the infield. Not sure y not last night. I was not in pits if it was bad or not. I enjoyed preliminary races. Joey was bad fast up top. Thought people complained about the top not being fast there anymore. Nothing stays the same. Would the track been as dusty in the Earl days with the equipment as fast it is now. How bout that little girl singing the anthem. Oh yea my four and six year old enjoyed their first time seeing midgets and big cars at eldora

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora racing surface?