IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?
9/26/17, 12:26 PM   #11
motorhead748

I would think you could set up a discount dental office at the world and make a fortune.....

6 members like this post: jim goerge, OnTheHammer, oppweld, racenut69, rimrider69, TQ97
9/26/17, 1:03 PM   #12
dsc1600

The Royal is just as bad for drunks.

It honestly has kept me away more than I’d like to admit.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish
9/26/17, 1:54 PM   #13
Re: 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Disagree with Charles about the crowd. My wife was talking about how big it was, and I feel it was the largest I had ever seen for this event.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/26/17, 2:07 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Disagree with Charles about the crowd. My wife was talking about how big it was, and I feel it was the largest I had ever seen for this event.
I can"t believe you go to that race Ron and then you get a room somewhere, when you always tell me its only a 3 4 hour drive home and you"re scared you"ll get bed bugs

9/26/17, 2:20 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I can"t believe you go to that race Ron and then you get a room somewhere, when you always tell me its only a 3 4 hour drive home and you"re scared you"ll get bed bugs
Eldora is a five hour plus drive and Earlene goes with me, so that makes a difference. Also the Four Crown runs a lot later than Belle-Clair ever does. Bedbugs are not uncommon these days, but the Comfort Inn in Greenville is really nice. Been staying there for several years.

9/26/17, 2:43 PM   #16
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I would think you could set up a discount dental office at the world and make a fortune.....
No you wouldn't.... those "fans" would never sacrifice any of their beer money for dental care.

9/26/17, 2:59 PM   #17
grantman

I think it would be nice to run USAC three classes at Lawrenceburg some day.

9/26/17, 4:47 PM   #18
Poorboyjocko

I've not looked at every post, but what I think ppl are saying to Eldora, do something with the 4-crown that will make the show go faster, not so many laps in one day where the track will not stand up and put down rubber. I hear on this board how we have to get more ppl interested in open wheel racing. U can not expect man who takes his wife and two kids there and get them to set that long for a show like that. As you should of saw, many young & old just got up and headed home. Eldora is not going to cancel the 4-crown because it is a money maker today. What Eldora needs to worry about is, the car count next year and there after. I know several teams that did not go this year because of last year. If your a points racer, U will be there. If not, U may consider not to attend if this format continues. Eldora has changed. It is not Earl's place anymore. Not just a race track where U see a race and go home. It is a venue, a destination where U go to be entertained and entertain your self and who ever goes with U. The crowd is much younger now. When Eldora introduced the beer sack where U can carry 6 or more beers, it's a non stop drinking contest for many there, not to mention the full bar up top. That makes for way to heavy of drinking for many who need not drink.. I had to move one time because there was 8 drunks all around me. If I go again, I will seek out a non drinking section if they have one. One think I can say about Eldora, look at there staff there in all areas. Nothing but the best to make a well run business. With the crowds they draw, that is why U see so much racing at a great ticket price, reasonable pit passes, not to mention concession prices. Lets hope that the Big E makes some changes that will accommodate all of us next year for the 4- crown. If not, it will be your choice if U want to return for a long night of racing, good or bad as it might be. Yet to be determined. Just my thought.

5 members like this post: btg1963, bullringko, EBookerFan, motorhead748, ronmil
9/26/17, 4:47 PM   #19
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
I think it would be nice to run USAC three classes at Lawrenceburg some day.
If they did I would just about guarantee that it would be very well promoted.

I would like to see silver crown races at Mansfield and the Dirt Oval Route 66. A USAC triple header at the Charlotte dirt track could be a special event if there was a good date for it and if it was promoted like the World Finals.

For those ready to fire back some smart ass comment about how these suggestions won't work, I know already that if any of these races made financial sense they would already be on the schedule.

2 members like this post: bobO, oppweld
9/26/17, 5:45 PM   #20
revjimk

Ironic that last year everybody (including myself) were complaining about too much time spent on track prep, & this year people are complaining about poor track prep.
Don't know what to say, 4 Crown is a great idea, maybe they should do qualifying the nite before? Maybe build up the banking like "the good ole days" I've heard about but never witnessed?
As for drunks, I just wish people knew when to stop...

3 members like this post: bobO, Poorboyjocko, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?