IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: RACEDAY: "4-Crown Nationals" at Eldora Speedway
9/25/17, 2:03 PM   #31
Re: USAC: RACEDAY: "4-Crown Nationals" at Eldora Speedway
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I know not that many years ago they qualified the Silver Crown Cars on Friday and ran WoO as Crown 1. Then everything else Saturday. I don't see a real reason why they could qualify the Crown cars and Midgets on Friday night and save that time Saturday.

May knock a few guys from racing a Sprint on Friday night, but I don't know how many did that this year anyway.

Then all you have is 4 hot lap sets and 2 divisions to qualify.
Other than it doubles the cost of lodging for many teams.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, fish, tirespinner
9/25/17, 2:26 PM   #32
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Cowboy, are you sure about that? As I recall, and memory ain't what it used to be, but I thought it was Friday and Saturday prelims and qualifications and the features were Sunday afternoon. I might be mistaken but I remember plenty of daytime features, I think
Can't be positive but I do remember when we won the sprint car portion (with Dave Darland) of the 4 crown in 1999 we qualified on Friday night and raced on Saturday night. We also had a Silver crown car (with Jac Haudenschild) and also qualified on Friday and raced on Saturday night. I do remember it being Sunday features in either 89 or 90 as I had to work Sunday morning and left to get to Eldora by noon. I remember also that the Thursday night qualifying wasn't a success at all....might have been 100 spectators there. Dick Jordan would have all of this info.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 9/25/17 at 2:31 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
9/25/17, 5:40 PM   #33
Chubs Peterson

Left disappointed for the second year in a row. Racing was fine, it was just really slick, and I do mean really slick, after being hammer down on Friday night. Has to be a medium ground in there somewhere. Ballou would have been happy as hell Friday night when Tony was there. Best race of all the features was the Stock Cars on Friday night. Other than that, 1 pass for the lead in five features in two nights....ughhh and that was on lap 2 of the USAC sprint race.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: RACEDAY: "4-Crown Nationals" at Eldora Speedway