IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Brandon Watson (Offline)
  #1 10/29/08 8:47 PM
Was wondering what ever happened to the World Of Out law Hillenburg? I may have missed something but it jsut seemed like he dissapered off the earth? Also was wanting to know about Mark Kinser seems like he has kinda done the same thing? Any information would be greatly appriciated!!
petey (Offline)
  #2 10/29/08 9:01 PM
Seems like this question is brought up every month or two over at brand-x.:O:

Best I can gather is that Andy is helping run his family's business which is in trucking I think. I wanna say his family had money before he got pretty big in racing so making a living was not a problem.

Last I heard Mark Kinser was driving a school bus and taking it easy with his family.
mortboyz
  #3 10/29/08 10:28 PM
Oklahoma Andy can usually be seen strolling the pits at the Chili Bowl every year...
cmakin (Offline)
  #4 10/30/08 5:54 AM
I may be mistaken, but I believe that the Hillenburg family business is drill pipe for oil wells. Lot's o' money in that.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 10/30/08 5:59 AM
So it's Indiana Andy H that drove some Nascar-ARCA and now owns part of Rockingham?

Chuck

Charles Nungester
Rex W. (Offline)
  #6 10/30/08 6:34 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
So it's Indiana Andy H that drove some Nascar-ARCA and now owns part of Rockingham?

Chuck
Correct
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 10/30/08 7:49 AM
Originally Posted by Rex W.:
Correct
Thats cool. I remember him driving for Hoffman some shortly after they started the sprint team.

I also remember a event where both Hillenburgs lapped the track in tandem, ya know memory fails but I think it was eldora winged usac show prior to a kings royal.

Chuck, Remebering OK Andy in the DUECE

Charles Nungester
21sprint (Offline)
  #8 10/30/08 8:22 AM
Danny Wood is coming out of the woodwork,so to speak.He is driving Wayne Johnson's #94 360 down south while Wayne is racing with WoO in the finals this weekend!
Seadog (Offline)
  #9 10/30/08 8:30 AM
Originally Posted by petey:
Seems like this question is brought up every month or two over at brand-x.:O:

Best I can gather is that Andy is helping run his family's business which is in trucking I think. I wanna say his family had money before he got pretty big in racing so making a living was not a problem.

Last I heard Mark Kinser was driving a school bus and taking it easy with his family.
I hope that the school bus has a big wing on top of it or it may slide off the road.
HOT227
  #10 10/30/08 9:22 AM
Andy is indeed an owner (acutally think he's the full owner) of Rockingham Speedway and also owns/operates the Fast Track Driving School from the track. His business actually used to be located near Lowe's Motor Speedway until he bought Rockingham and relocated there. He also works with a lot with "brokering" race cars for use in magazine ads and such...he actually handled most if not all of the cars that were used in Talladega Nights.