IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrandX (Offline)
  #1 1/21/18 3:51 PM
Is POWRI going to run the D2 series this year? Or USAC IMRA? Have not seen any schedules
Therealether (Offline)
  #2 1/21/18 4:39 PM
I thought I saw a PowrI D2 schedule. Maybe not. Either way, too many D2 series, not enough cars.
3 Likes: jdull99, rob, tj39
kendirt (Offline)
  #3 1/21/18 5:08 PM
Looks like IMRA's for sure about every other week at Spoon River and six or so races at Quincy. They've said there are other tracks in the works.

Their Facebook page says stay tuned for info about the "1st Annual USAC/IMRA Midget Nationals."
droopster (Offline)
  #4 1/22/18 10:29 PM
Sycamore Speedway released their schedule, has 4 Powri D2 shows on it.
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #5 1/22/18 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by BrandX:
Is POWRI going to run the D2 series this year? Or USAC IMRA? Have not seen any schedules
Isnt Southern States Midgets, D2? They are Powri...
jdull99 (Online)
  #6 1/23/18 3:11 AM
Doesn't say D2, but I think we all know it is...(& I know the link says 2017, but the headline says 2018). Interesting how we are relying on a "stock car track"'s website for these schedules; I gotta say...lol. It wasn't too long ago there was not one consideration of anything to do with open wheel racing, of any sort, at this track - but they have gone thru management changes of recent...times do change (plus there is a difference in a "national" purse & a "non" national purse too...)

https://sycamorespeedway.com/2017-full-schedule/

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
dirt40 (Offline)
  #7 1/23/18 9:22 AM
Yes PowrI and IMRA/USAC are running D2. It is a great class. A lot of guys are moving up out of the class, so we need more guys coming into the class.
Quantrill (Offline)
  #8 1/23/18 9:49 AM
IMRA is supposed to release there schedule end of next week. Sounds like there is some exciting news for several big shows this year. Sound like Thunder Midget and Powri will also have a schedule along with several stand alone events including the up coming Gater Nationals in Florida first Of March...... Do a facebook search for information on all the groups listed above and individual track.
droopster (Offline)
  #9 1/23/18 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Doesn't say D2, but I think we all know it is...(& I know the link says 2017, but the headline says 2018). Interesting how we are relying on a "stock car track"'s website for these schedules I gotta say...lol. It wasn't too long ago there was not one consideration of anything to do with open wheel racing, of any sort, at this track - but they have gone thru management changes of recent...times do change (plus there is a difference in a "national" purse & a "non" national purse too...)

https://sycamorespeedway.com/2017-full-schedule/
Total of 11 open wheel shows for 2018. Glad to see it!
Crankin (Offline)
  #10 1/25/18 11:38 PM