IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred Not being rescheduled
6/16/17, 7:08 PM   #1
Hoosier Hundred Not being rescheduled
openwheelfan1

A Facebook Post by USAC approx. 10 minutes ago:

Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of both Track Enterprises and USAC to find a reschedule date for the 63rd running of the Hoosier Hundred, a suitable date that worked within the Indiana State Fairgrounds’ schedule could not be found. The USAC Silver Crown Champ Car Series resumes tonight with the “Horn-Schindler Memorial” at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.

6/16/17, 9:21 PM   #2
Re: Hoosier Hundred Not being rescheduled
BrentTFunk

That doesn't surprise me. I hope they keep the grandstand there longer than I expect.

6/17/17, 7:43 AM   #3
Chase Hightower

Suitable date could not be found, or would not be found? Nothing new. Eldora should do a mile, or finish the mile Earl started on years ago behind the current track.

4 members like this post: SPRINTCAR, team3521, treecitytornado, Wizard 05
6/17/17, 9:09 AM   #4
treecitytornado

Very very sad one of the biggest, most prestigious races of the year doesn't have a Rain Date in the first place! Plus it's sad that they just kinda forgot their used to be a Hulman 100 too.

4 members like this post: dirtball, erich45, Speedwrench, WinglessLovers
6/17/17, 10:37 AM   #5
ISF

Am I off base here or is it very odd and a travesty that a bedrock race in the Club's premier division isn't afforded a solid rain date at the time the schedule is determined? Shouldn't these possible eventualities be considered from the get-go?

6/17/17, 10:51 AM   #6
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Am I off base here or is it very odd and a travesty that a bedrock race in the Club's premier division isn't afforded a solid rain date at the time the schedule is determined? Shouldn't these possible eventualities be considered from the get-go?
Especially when it is right in their home town ...

2 members like this post: Simon_says17, team3521
6/17/17, 11:16 AM   #7
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower View Post
Suitable date could not be found, or would not be found? Nothing new. Eldora should do a mile, or finish the mile Earl started on years ago behind the current track.
Yep, they could do ARCA and AMA Motorcycles. Heck maybe the Truck Series.

1 member likes this post: dirt330
6/17/17, 6:42 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Very very sad one of the biggest, most prestigious races of the year doesn't have a Rain Date in the first place! Plus it's sad that they just kinda forgot their used to be a Hulman 100 too.
The fairgrounds do not want it there. How do you change that?

4 members like this post: Jesse B, nitrofunny, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
6/17/17, 7:39 PM   #9
treecitytornado

You are right, Brent! They care more about their dang horses! That's why the track has gotten worse and worse over the years! I remember when it used to actually hold some moisture at Hulman 100s or WoO Shows, when I was a kid. Wish the current fair board was more excited about promoting a great series and preserving the history too! I realize Bob and even A.J. Foyt had to work out lease deals to use the track. I remember watching The King beat Sammy on a last lap pass at the WoO show in 1991. The stands were nearly full too!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, nitrofunny
6/17/17, 8:50 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
You are right, Brent! They care more about their dang horses! That's why the track has gotten worse and worse over the years! I remember when it used to actually hold some moisture at Hulman 100s or WoO Shows, when I was a kid. Wish the current fair board was more excited about promoting a great series and preserving the history too! I realize Bob and even A.J. Foyt had to work out lease deals to use the track. I remember watching The King beat Sammy on a last lap pass at the WoO show in 1991. The stands were nearly full too!
Thanks for understanding what I meant. Since they no longer have concerts in the grandstand I am afraid its days are numbered. I love that track. I think the track may survive as a horse training facility, but it the grandstand goes racing will go with it. I wrote 2 of my state reps about it. I tried to explain the importance of it. They would rather tell how much money they saved by tearing it down. Sadly that would also impress a lot of Hoosiers.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred Not being rescheduled