IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #1 7/28/09 2:48 PM
Spridge's live updates on Twitter can also be found in the Live Updates forum... https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Right now, everything is not in order but once he starts posting... It should appear in order.

3 Likes: AustinSprinter, mowerman, tjtomthumb
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #2 7/28/09 8:01 PM
Thank You Bill!! IOW is where the updates belong. I just don't understand, after all the hard work you have put into this site for all of us, why everyone keeps trying to do the updates elsewhere. IOW is the "Home of Updates" and let's keep it that way.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 7/28/09 8:14 PM
Originally Posted by tjtomthumb:
Thank You Bill!! IOW is where the updates belong. I just don't understand, after all the hard work you have put into this site for all of us, why everyone keeps trying to do the updates elsewhere. IOW is the "Home of Updates" and let's keep it that way.
Tom,

It isn't fair to try to put Spridge in the same category as others, who have asked us to go to a website they are promoting, in order for us to see updates. This isn't one of those deals. I'm sure throwing them up on Twitter is just the fastest, most convenient way for him to do them. And think of how many hundreds of times he has been there with updates, for all of us. I'm just glad Bill and him worked out a way integrate things so you could see Kirk's Twitter updates here.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #4 7/28/09 9:21 PM
I did not have a problem with Spridge doing the updates on Twitter... I knew it wasn't about taking them away from IOW... it was just easier and faster to do it on Twitter and I completely understand that.

I am glad that I was able to find a way to integrate the posts into IOW.

Thanks for the updates Spridge!

tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #5 7/28/09 9:44 PM
I should have worded it a little differently as I think we all know Spridge was one of the first "IOW Updaters" and we really appreciate all he and the others do and have done. It's the "others" that I have in the past spoke out against and will again when this is tried. I'm sure the twitter is the easiest or he wouldn't be doing it that way if it wasn't and I send a big thank you to Spridge. Jerry, I too am glad Bill & Spridge worked out a way to get it here on IOW. Keep up the good work fellas and again,, thanks for the updates.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #6 7/28/09 9:51 PM
When they're on these western swings, I can't help but think about Marty Boyer and all he did for us. I hope he's doing well.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: Bill Gardner, bobO, Fred Zirzow, tjtomthumb
Let'sGoRacin' (Offline)
  #7 7/28/09 11:07 PM
Thanks Spridge for the updates Much appreciated!
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, bobO, Dick Monahan
Beer Goggles (Offline)
  #8 7/29/09 9:35 PM
Thanks Spridge, and thank you Bill Gardner for all you do for us on this GREAT WEB SITE !!!

Tom
Let'sGoRacin' (Offline)
  #9 7/29/09 11:43 PM
Thanks again Spridge for keeping those of us at home up to date. Four nights, four different winners! Congrats to Yeley, Coons, Bacon and Kuhn!
skids59 (Offline)
  #10 7/30/09 8:47 AM
We certainly appreciate all the updates provided. Keep up the good work and enjoy the races at Belleville.

Jeff Skidmore