IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown at Gateway
6/12/14, 5:27 PM   #1
Silver Crown at Gateway
Quantrill

I want to go to this race but I don't understand why USAC or Gateway scheduled the Silver Crown race at 12:00 and the truck race at 7:30? I am not much on the truck race but if I am going to drive a few hours and buy a ticket I would stay for a while? Why not have these two events closer together so you don't have a day of downtime waiting for the truck race to start? Why not move the USAC race to 3:30 or even 4:30?? Makes no sense and I think we looked at going last year but ruled it out when I saw the timeline??
Last edited by Quantrill; 6/12/14 at 10:00 PM.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, nemo65
6/12/14, 5:38 PM   #2
Re: Silver Crown at Gateway
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Since USAC has a Midget Week event at Lawrenceburg, Which is basically unchanged from last year. I figured it was USAC's only chance to get a crown race at gateway and the early time is so several of the drivers can make it to LBurg afterward.

6/12/14, 7:03 PM   #3
sprint29

Hope evryone can make it. There will be truck practice before, truck practice after and truck time trials. I think there is also a autograph session at 2:15

1 member likes this post: Kellen Conover
6/12/14, 8:20 PM   #4
Thomas Finn

I think I read in the St. Louis Post Dispatch today that the USAC SC race starts at 4:30p.m.

6/12/14, 8:23 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

From usacracing.com
#100 MAY COME AT GATEWAY SATURDAY

So far this year the USAC Silver Crown Championship Series presented by TRAXXAS has been searching for its 100th feature winner. Since the Swanson family (Kody and Tanner) have dominated victory lane, the first three races have not yielded that historic victory.

The next opportunity comes this Saturday afternoon at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill. as the series combines for a ”doubleheader” with the NASCAR Camping World Trucks on what has become one of the fastest tracks in series history.

The first six drivers in series points have all previously won races, while those ranking seventh through 10th have not. They include Zach Daum, Shane Cockrum, Jacob Wilson and Christopher Bell.

Daum has recorded a fifth and sixth in two starts this year, while Cockrum has a sixth in three starts, Wilson has an eighth in three starts and Bell has a 10th in three starts.

Saturday’s 80-lap, 100-mile feature is slated to get the green flag at noon.

Sixth-six points are up for grabs at Gateway and only sixth points separate the top-four in the current standings. Kody Swanson sits 12 points ahead of Tracy Hines, 33 ahead of defending series champion Bobby East and sixth ahead of 2013 Gateway fast qualifier Chris Windom.

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
6/12/14, 8:34 PM   #6
Thomas Finn

Please disregard my post. I misread the schedule. Sorry for the confusion. SC race starts at noon.
Last edited by Thomas Finn; 6/12/14 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Please disregard my post as i Misread the schedule SC race is at Noon. Sorry for the confusion.

6/13/14, 12:09 AM   #7
i love dirt track racing

I hope tony will have his helicoper there to get some drivers to the burg.

1 member likes this post: team3521
6/14/14, 5:19 AM   #8
racenut69

Anybody going to Gateway today?..I have to work or I would go...The Trucks will put on a good show there and the Crown Cars had a good one last year,even though the car count was low..

6/14/14, 7:54 AM   #9
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
I hope tony will have his helicoper there to get some drivers to the burg.
Tony's S/C driver isn't racing a midget. So, why would he have his helicopter transport anyone?

6/14/14, 10:35 AM   #10
cowboyhar69

Tanner Swanson paces Practice at Gateway with a lap at 145.250 mph ahead of Windom Hines Santos KSwanson Byrne Andretti East Armstrong Wilson Fike Thomas Bateman Lawson.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown at Gateway