IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > STARS Dissolution
6/4/16, 10:47 AM   #11
Re: STARS Dissolution
egh170

Unless you know the facts, don't comment on what we were doing. Those cars in the garages WERE included in our program and rules package. It is uncalled for to make comments about something you know nothing about.

6/4/16, 7:34 PM   #12
Topless77

I know plenty about the cars you claim were included in your rules. Making people spend money beyond what they have already spent to race in a class that is paying half what it used to is absurd. You shouldn't have the opinion that no one else knows what you were trying to do Everett.

6/4/16, 7:58 PM   #13
Markdąy

Times has change the money isn't there from sponsors for owner and race series , like past years to help pay for cost of motors and tires. because if the cost to run a national pavement midget wasn't an issue ,then we wouldn't be having these post. So trying to keep these are cars running buy trying a b2 series I think would be good i just wish people would help support it not bash it

6/5/16, 12:59 AM   #14
jdull99

1" restrictors are too small for National motors when "D2s" can make up to 340hp. Should be a way to run both - what some people still have & the OEM stuff...be cool if a club in the area allowed smthn like that...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: midgetfan1962, RadRacer, Topless77
6/5/16, 11:25 AM   #15
Therealether

As someone who grew up around Joliet watching the midgets all summer, both at the stadium and Grundy, this sucks. We had a similar situation here in Florida the past few years. Here's a thought, why couldn't the midgets piggyback onto the weekly stockcar programs, instead of the standalone shows? Puts more butts in the seats every week, so it's a lot more attractive to sponsors. Should also be cheaper as far as a deal from the fair, since they already have personnel in place. It works well here, just ask the Southern Shootout Sprintcar Series. Seems like a no brainer to me

1 member likes this post: jdull99
6/6/16, 1:46 AM   #16
jdull99

As far as I know, there IS still 2 pavement midget races scheduled at Rockford Speedway with their weekly stockcar programs. Hope smthn works out...(I'd have a fresh Chevy2 engine/frame (one would have to bolt on all their components, but I'm sure I'd have some spare parts around) for rent; if the rules would allow at all...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > STARS Dissolution