IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tanner Swanson wins HOSS South Bend Feature
8/12/12, 10:07 AM   #1
Tanner Swanson wins HOSS South Bend Feature
Tom Brewer

Tanner Swanson charged from the 7th starting spot to win the HOSS feature at South Bend Motor Speedway Saturday night. He took the lead from Kevin Feeney about half way through the race. Geoff Kaiser got a strong 2nd after starting 8th and Feeney finished 3rd. Kaiser was fast qualifier at 10.082. There were 24 cars at the track with 23 qualifying.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
8/12/12, 10:30 AM   #2
Re: Tanner Swanson wins HOSS South Bend Feature
bgerster

Good Job little buddy!

8/12/12, 12:00 PM   #3

I know that this is predominately a non-winged dirt message board. And there are those who wouldn't cross the street to see a pavement race, let alone a winged race. I'm here to tell you that the race last night at South Bend Speedway would of changed your mind. South Bend is a small quarter mile and is not known for passing. More then anywhere we run, it's important to start on the front row. When Kevin Feeney drew the outside pole, I figured the race was his.
As Tom Brewer stated, Tanner started in the fourth row. What he failed to mention was that Tanner tangled with a lapped car around the half way mark and knocked the nose wing off! I believe he was in third at the time. He then drove past the two cars in front of him like it didn't matter! I swear it didn't slow him down a bit! I was very impressed.
Geoff Kaiser made his way through from the eighth starting spot (after qualifying with a 10.08 second lap, .01 off the track record) to second but didn't have anything for Tanner.
There was alot of moving around in the field and I believe 15 cars of the 20 car field finished ( I may be wrong on this one, but I'm close). With Hartford running sprint cars just 45 minutes to the north and Plymouth running sprint cars 30 minutes to the south, the crowd was very good. I'm sure they weren't disappointed. For the first time since I started running pavement, I can't wait to go back to South Bend!

Tom Paterson

8/12/12, 12:00 PM   #4
oljonesy

and a fantastic show it was. lots of cars plenty of passing with two grooves and a good crowd. friendly staff up there and a fast and racy lill joint glad we went north instead of south. this was a must see event and track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tanner Swanson wins HOSS South Bend Feature