IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kdobson (Offline)
  #1 12/26/13 2:19 PM
Friday April 4th Lincoln Speedway will host the season opener for the MOWA Sprint Car Series along with the Midwest Opener for the Lucas Oil POWRi Midget Series. It's a MOWA/POWRi.... or POWRi/MOWA double header - whichever your preference. Additional details will be posted in the coming weeks but this promises to be one of the biggest open wheel events of the season in Illinois. Not just the Midwest's two premier open wheel series on the same card... the area opener for both, which should produce a ton of cars and great racing. (POWRi will have a race West of the Mississippi in March, so we aren't calling this their season opener... but it's the opener as far as anyone in our neck of the woods is concerned).

Mark your calendars... Spend Friday at Lincoln, find a good area race Saturday night, then hit Terre Haute Sunday for the Champ Cars.
15 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, bigq11, billwill7, dirtnonwingfan, KENDALLRACING, luckybuc97, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69, racing2bwithu2, RickyBobby, ronmil, SpfldMile, Steve Wendel
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #2 12/26/13 5:22 PM
I've been slack the last couple years and missed the opening POWRi race at J-ville. 2 years ago I came home and read there were 53 midgets that night,and last yr was something like 49. In 2014 I plan to be there!

Other nights in Central Illinois that fans should mark on their racing Calendar for POWRi midgets are:

June 5—Jacksonville (Ill.) Speedway.

June 6—Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway.

June 7—Macon (Ill.) Speedway.

June 8—Belle-Clair Speedway, Belleville, Ill.
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69, RickyBobby
racenut69 (Offline)
  #3 12/31/13 9:03 AM
Hey luckybuc97,are we going???...:0

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
Bb2005 (Offline)
  #4 1/8/14 9:24 AM
Can't wait.